“Amazing!”

Alaskiwi Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come join us for an exhilarating dog sled ride with our friendly and lovable alaskan husky's. we will quietly slice our way thru snow draped spruce forest trails ,crossing frozen lakes and ponds along open areas.Sometimes moose and other local wildlife can be spotted. we specialize in 1 hour tours but can do private tours tailored to individual requests. Price $95 per person per hour for dog sled rides. price $110 for Dogsled / sno machine combo rides. This ride is for groups of two or more and involves both the snogo and dogsled ride during a 1 hour tour.Equal time spent on dog sled and snogo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Luckily for me, the snow this spring stuck around long enough for me to experience dog mushing in May! The experience that I had with Simon and his dogs was one of the most unique experiences I could have asked for while visiting Alaska. The tour itself allowed me to experience Fairbanks in a new and exciting way! Thanks to Simon, I will have lots of pictures to remember my first mushing ride. Will definitely return for a winter ride!!

All reviews
"dog mushing"
in 7 reviews
"denali adventure"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend to anyone visiting"
"sled ride"
in 3 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a great time with Simon and his amazing dog team. I highly recommend this unique opportunity to go dog sledding in Alaska! Simon was very accommodating and helpful. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. - Alex, Ashley and Debbie

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I found Simon's card at the airport and called the night before. He was accommodating and had all our stuff out and ready for us the next morning. We met the dogs, learned some basic technique and the next thing we knew we were flying through a trail at over 20 mph. IT WAS A BLAST!

Alaska was beautiful and I loved the friendly people...but the highlight of the trip was standing on the back of that sled weaving through the wild with my adrenaline pumping like I was skydiving.

Simon was polite and patient. He took pictures before, during and after the ride. Provided some background on the dogs. Told us where the locals eat. Very personable...felt like I was visiting an old college buddy.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Flexible with our timeframe, very personel and kid friendly! Our party had someone in their 30's, 50's, 60's and a 4 and 6 year old. And somehow everyone had a great time.

1  Thank Clinton S
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Simon is the owner and he is the one responsible for the dogs. He is a very nice guy, very calm and he gave me a lot of attention, he took my pictures with the dogs during the mushing breaks, I have really nice pictures and unforgettable memories. My experience with the dogs was completely different from my friends, apparently their experience were way more commercial and mass tourism. With Simon was a private tour running with the dogs over frozen lakes and between trees. It was really amazing. Super recommend it!

2  Thank Bernardo J