“A+ Experience”

Muzzy's Place Dogsled Adventure - Day Tours
Ranked #30 of 52 Tours in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Muzzys Place Kennel and Sleddog Adventures. We are a full service sleddog tour company offering short rides, longer rides, half day, and full day trips.Bring your sense of adventure, your underlayers, warm socks and join us. We can provide outerwear to include bunny boots to keep your feet warm, bibs and parka, mushers hat, neck gaiter and mitts as needed. If you have your own gear, that's fine, too. Remember, do not wear cotton because it doesn't wick moisture, keep you warm or isolate you from the cold. Please only wear synthetics, wool or silk layers under the outerwear. We do have hand/foot warmers if needed. You can be as involved as you'd like… we can teach you how to harness and hook up your team if you'd like to help or you can watch and take photos as we hook up the teams. We will run any day provided that the weather is not too cold. Our cutoff and yours might be different, but if properly dressed starting with the first layer, you should be fine to about -30. We have access to beautiful trails right from our kennel and can take you on a fantastic scenic tour as short as 1 hour or as long as you'd like We are ready when you are to take you on an adventure of a lifetime and hope to provide you with enjoyment and stories you can share with your family and friends for a long time to come.
Fairbanks, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A+ Experience”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I are new to Alaska and wanted to experience the alaskan experience. One of my favorite things about alaska is the people and the kindness everyone seems to share. This day put my love of this state on a whole nother level. We went today and havent stopped smiling. From the moment you get in the area you know you are truly in alaska. The family is amazing, kind, very knowledgeable. Beautiful trails, dogs and property. I loved it so much I wanted to keep Eric and Jan as forever friends because that is how you instantly feel when you arrive. I have so many wonderful things id like to say but I would need an hour to go through it all. This is a must do if you are planning on visiting.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mario C

Sacramento, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Most Awesome Dog Sledding Experience"”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Jan and Eric put together a dog sledding adventure that was one of the most memorable experiences of my trip to Alaska. The dogs are all friendly so we mingled with them for a while. Because Eric was such an excellent teacher, I was able to help harness the dogs and try my hand at mushing. I am still talking about this dog sledding adventure to this day. If you’re looking for a dog sledding experience of a lifetime this is the place.

Visited February 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Winter Wonderland Excursion”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I took my corporate VP from Ohio to Muzzy's Place Dogsled Kennels for a night-time mushing excursion so she could experience a bit of the Alaskan culture. I wanted her to have a positive experience and I have trusted this kennel operation for 15 years. Other kennels are good but this one is my personal favorite. Jan DeNapoli's dogs are well-trained, obedient & friendly. Her lovely husband and top notch Handler is also a well established sprint racer and trail groomer who knows these dogs like a coach knows its players and like a mom knows her children. After bundling up in our winter apparel (some loaned by Muzzy's Place for most proper attire to enjoy the outing safely). We then donned headlamps, also courtesy of Muzzy's Place, and were off to experience not only a wonderful sleddog ride but also an education in handling dogs, hooking them up into harness and into the line. We learned about the traits and personalities of each individual dog running the sled in preparation for not only riding as a passenger but also standing on the runners and learning to mush. We had the most exquisite mushing excursion through a winter wonderland boreal forest of trees covered in snow and sparkling magic into our evening. Well trained dogs, knowledgable dog trainers & handlers, a shop full of excellent arctic winter apparel & gear with which to outfit mushing guests and genuine hospitality, one can choose no better mushing adventure kennel.

North Pole, Alaska, United States
“Awesome Experience! ”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I took my 7 year old and 10 year old daughters on dogsleds during a beautiful sunny afternoon in March! We all had a blast!! Super nice people, great handlers and wonderful dogs! I recommend it! Visitors and Residents! Fun for all ages.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dog Sledding Tour in Alaska!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

After A LOT of research, my husband and I booked a dog sled tour with Muzzy's. We could not have asked for a greater experience! From the moment we called, Eric was responsive and provided us with all the information we needed. He was so kind and friendly over the phone, we knew we were booking with the right tour. When we arrived we were welcomed into their home where we were greeted with hot coffee. They had all the cold weather supplies we could need, from boots to very warm jackets, which was great for us because even though we thought we had dressed warm it got down to -15 at one point. With all their gear we stayed warm for several hours during our tour. Many of the other tours we had researched were very short rides and non-informational. The was absolutely not the case with this tour. We arrived at 12pm and did not leave until around 430! They even invited us to stay for dinner, which just added to their overall hospitality and kindness. Eric walked us through the whole process of caring for the dogs, preparing them for sledding and everything we would ever need to know while dog sledding. Then we were off! I cannot express the joy I experienced while sledding with their amazing dogs. I was so thankful we were able to spend hours sledding. In fact, this tour and dog sledding experience was BY FAR the most enjoyable day we had over our week long trip to Alaska. I think it is also important to mention how deeply both Eric and Jan cared for their dogs. As a dog lover, it was so important to me to find a tour that loved and cared for their animals. You could tell that even with 33 dogs, they were all a part of their family. I could not give a higher recommendation for this dog sledding tour. I am so grateful for the amazing memories I have of this tour and the amazing people who welcomed us to their home. I can't wait to come back and visit again!

1 Thank Courtney S