“Awesome Awesome!”

The Aurora Chasers
Ranked #3 of 59 Tours in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Witnessing Alaska's Northern Lights is an incredible and often once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make the most of it. Come along on an unforgettable journey with Alaska's Northern Lights Specialists, The Aurora Chasers™ as we teach you all you need to know about Alaska's Northern Lights and capturing their majestic beauty in your own captivating images. Do more than take a tour, take a life changing journey with the folks that live, breath and sleep the Northern Lights and come home with the amazing keepsake images that you'll treasure for a lifetime. The Aurora Chasers are Fairbanks original and best Northern Lights Photography Workshop Tour. Don't be fooled by the generic imitation tours that have tried to duplicate our services. Make sure you book with the authentic originals to get the quality tour experience you deserve. Be sure to visit our website for all the details and we'll see you under the magical night skies of Alaska!
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I joined the aurora + chena hot spring tour with Ronn on early March. While the hot springs soaking was a very nice experience, the aurora viewing + photo part was just memorable. We joined other tours on the first 2 nights (we stayed 3 nights overall), and they were more like do-it-on-your-own type. Ronn gave a very good estimate about the start of the aurora viewing (how he could have done that is still a mystery to me) so that we didn't have to stand outdoor at -10deg. We could spend more time on soaking or just chilling at somewhere indoor. At the time of the viewing, he helped everyone in the tour to adjust their cameras so that we all had the best chance to take some unforgettable pictures. And he would also use his camera to take pics for us too, and they are all awesome.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"cloud cover"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had always wanted to see the northern lights, and after months of research, we decided Fairbanks was THE PLACE to go.
As part of our research, we found Ronn Murray Photography and Tours, and booked with them the only two nights we were going to spent in town.
Ronn and Marketa are the BEST tour available! They are great!!! So professional in all they do. Their explanation about the auroras, how they predict the aurora, their service, the pictures they take, are AWESOME!!
I really recommend them! They will make your trip be perfect!
As per number of nights, we spent 2 nights but would have liked to stay longer. We would recommend at least 3 nights.
We came back home having achieved our dream... Thanks Ronn and Marketa, you are the best!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

You don't have to be a skilled photographer to have a great experience with Ronn & Marketa. I really appreciated all the information they provided on the science behind Auroras, the great location they took us to, and of course the amazing portraits that Ronn takes of you with the Aurora! If you are a skilled photographer, they provide you with loads of instruction on how to take Aurora photos.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We did two photography workshops (Northern Lights and Arctic Circle) with Ronn and Marketa, both of whom are outstanding photographers, and could not have been more pleased. Prior to the trip, Ronn had excellent suggestions regarding both equipment and clothing (it ended up being -25 F). The trip was well organized and very educational, both in terms of night photography techniques as well as the underlying science. If you want to chase the aurora and/or visit the Arctic Circle, this is the way to do it. The only thing that I wished I had done was to ask him about dog sled tours. From what I later learned, I would have been much happier with his friends at Sirius. In addition to the pictures that we shot (under their expert guidance), Ronn and Marketa also sent pictures that they shot of us as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I only have 2 nights in Fairbanks to see aurora therefore I need to be sure that I have the best guidance to ensure of that. I am so glad that I have decided to contact Ronn. He has been very informative from beginning regarding the tour (not only his tour but helping to connect me with Sirius Dog Sled for dog sled under moonlight).
He has been very helpful and prompt in replying my email.On the day of my arrival, he reached out to me to leave early so that we can see aurora earlier, which we did briefly but no photo taken.
I was quite anxious as I only have one more day to see and take picture of aurora. We went to Chena Hot spring and the plan is to hang around there, but since they know that I really really wanted to be able to take pic with aurora, they drove me elsewhere so that I can have higher chance to catch it. They were right ( they usually right as they are really really passionate about aurora), I was able to see it during my last hours there and it is definitely the highlight of my trip(other than the frozen hair from Chena Hot Spring and the new friendship with Ronn and Marketa).
For all wanting to visit Fairbanks, just contact Ronn and Marketa, you will be in good hand and well taken care of. I would surely contact them again if I visit Fairbanks again.