My husband and I travelling from England, stayed here during our tour of the Yukon and Alaska, it is a very nice hotel, lots of stuffed animals in reception and a small gift shop. We had a largish room overlooking the Chena River which gave us a pleasant view, pity that the balcony was only big enough to stand on. The room had a king sized bed, sofa and chair and a flame effect gas fire which I can imagine looks lovely in the winter months and decent curtains to block out the “midnight sun” if required and the usual coffee/tea hairdryer. The down side was that the restaurant was not open at all so could not eat (apart from buffet breakfast) in the hotel, however Pikes Landing is literally across the parking lot and the food there is not bad. It was very busy for the whole 3 days we were there so sometimes getting a table was difficult, especially I think, because there is no air conditioning in the restaurant so nearly everyone was sitting outside. The only gripe is that there can be a lack of communication between the hotel and the Pikes Landing restaurant in regard to charging to your room. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told by the hotel reception that we did not need any type of authorization card to show at Pikes Landing to charge food/drink back to our room only our room number or room number card or key to show them, however it seemed that there was a lack of communication between the 2 places and each time we were asked for authorisation card we had to go through the whole “reception told us we only need to give room number or show you the room card” to be told “we cannot charge without authorisation and they know that” they then had to go and check, which was a bit of pain. When queried again with hotel reception and manager we were told that no card was necessary for hotel guests and that Pikes Landing staff know that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms and cabins many with scenic views, a steam room, riverside decks, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and sleeping rooms. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and are non smoking. We offer Aveda aromatherapy bathroom amenities. Our exercise room is open 24 hours. The gift shop with ATM machine and selling food items is open 24 hours. We have extensive interpretative sign display on Fairbanks history and ecology of the area. We have free Bocce Ball, golf putting and FoosBall in the game room. We have a coin operated laundry facility. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska International airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. We have free shuttle service to/from the airport and railroad station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska