I've been staying at Pikes on my way in and out of Fairbanks for years, and for a while they were head and shoulders above the competition. But now with the addition of a Spring Hill and Hampton Inns as well as Princess Cruise Lines lodge, Pikes is in danger of being surpassed. What it does have going for it is its great location, across from the airport but also next to a scenic river. Additionally the rooms are more rustic and Alaskan looking then the sterile feel of the competitors. Still, the workout room is weak, the business center small and the other amenities nothing special. The on-site dining options are great with a nice bar for casual dining and a formal dining room. Yet I never got my wake up call, the airport shuttle wasn't available when I landed and their overall check-in/out process slow to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I like Pikes, its a nice place to stay but with many other options, it is nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Our friendly staff await you! How can we help you today? Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms many with scenic views, a steam room, riverside deck, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and most sleeping rooms. We offer Aveda aromatherapy room amenities. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska