My wife and I traveled up to Fairbanks in hopes of seeing the Aura Borealis back in February '13, and we stayed at Pike's Waterfront Lodge for 3 nights. Our accommodation criteria was: warm, comfortable, and affordable. Pike's is just that and more.
Overall, the interior has a unique Alaskan charm with friendly/helpful staff and clean/cozy rooms. With the weather colder than I could ever imagine outside, we opted for a room with an in-room jacuzzi on the ground floor that overlooked the frozen river. The jacuzzi is awesome. My only gripe about the room was that it would get really warm at night even when with the thermostat under control. We had to crack the back door a little to let in just enough of the sub-freezing air to balance the heat, which did the trick. I'm sure one of the hotel employees might have been able to help us out, but we never asked. Although, I did ask for a bottle opener to open my wine in the middle of the night before we went out to chase some auras, and they were practically at our door as soon as I hung up the telephone.
We had rented a car, and Pike's was located outside of the city, but within close proximity. Next door is an amazing restaurant with the some of the best crab chowder I've ever had.
If we're ever back up in Fairbanks in the winter, we would definitely go back to Pike's.
Almost forgot, they have free ice cream vouchers for each night of your stay. Ice cream in the winter sounds strange, but it was a nice treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms and cabins many with scenic views, a steam room, riverside decks, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and sleeping rooms. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and are non smoking. We offer Aveda aromatherapy bathroom amenities. Our exercise room is open 24 hours. The gift shop with ATM machine and selling food items is open 24 hours. We have extensive interpretative sign display on Fairbanks history and ecology of the area. We have free Bocce Ball, golf putting and FoosBall in the game room. We have a coin operated laundry facility. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska International airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. We have free shuttle service to/from the airport and railroad station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska