“Don't miss Pikes's Waterfront Lodge”

Pike's Waterfront Lodge
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2008

This hotel was a truly unexpected pleasure. The room had a kingsized bed with a fireplace and overlooked the river. The bathroom had a large vanity counter with ample room. The room was extremely quiet. Even the little coffee packet had coffee with an exceptional taste. The restaurant in the hotel had a salad bar with a terrific selection, and the amount of food in the dinner could have fed two people for the money. We would definitely come back again. The business center was operating so we could print out our boarding passes for our flight. The airport was less than 5 minutes away with a free shuttle. We did not get a chance to use the exercise room or the sauna.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 9 August 2008

Nice place to stay. Close to the airport and the hotel offers a convenient shuttle service for $5 pp.
The room was clean and comfortable. We had a small balcony with a view of the Cheena river.
The breakfast buffet was fair at best.
Hotel staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Good tourist location if traveling by air. Next to the Chena River.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This is really a nice place to stay -- very near the airport and right on the river for a peaceful setting. Real Alaskan atmosphere and warm hospitality, with Marriott-level comfort. The previous reviews do a good job summarizing the pluses. They also offer free internet access on their "business center" computers. I paid $99 during peak summer season on a weekend promo. If you can get a room at that price here, don't think of staying elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I went to Fairbanks on a three-day business trip and booked Pike's since that is where other people were staying with the negotiated rate of $75 per night. I had not been there in several years and was pleasantly surprised with the room. My room was on the third floor and faced the river. The sun shone in and it was just beautiful during the long evening light. The carpet was plush and soft, the bedding was nice and the wall paper and artwork were very appealing - even in the bathroom. The room had a big new flat screen TV and I was able to access the wireless internet in my room. The furniture is not your typical chain-hotel sort and sort of country-style but by no means outdated. The big chair by the window with the lamp was nice for reading at night.

Breakfast downstairs in the cozy lobby had lots of selection and several TVs to choose from to catch up on news. There was also a variety of tables and chairs to choose from to sit. The breakfast area makes me feel like I'm in a nice hotel from the turn of the century with old-time touches like old chandeliers and beautiful Alaskan artwork on the wall.

I ordered a salad by room service on the first night and it arrived in less than ten minutes! There is an AC unit but they are not turned on until May 15 and it was not necessary to use it, although the room was quite warm from the sun beating in it all afternoon and evening, so I cracked a window while I was away on the following days.

My limited involvement with the staff was pleasant. The hotel boasts new solar panels to keep energy costs down and help the environment.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AK_biz_traveler
Reviewed 7 January 2008

I recently went to Fairbanks for the weekend. I had not stayed at Pikes for several years and was very pleasanlty surprised. The staff greeted me warmly and immediately had me checked in to a beautiful cozy room on the 3rd floor. My room was done in plush forest green carpet, bedding and the textured wallpaper gave the room a very rich feel.

The bed was very comfortable - I appreciated the nice sofa as well as the sliding glass doors with a view out to the large trees and river.

My entire experience was excellent - I missed breakfast both mornings because that darn bed was just too comfortable. I did have a nice little refrigerator in my room as well as a microwave so I could stock up and really enjoy my getaway.

The AVEDA products made taking a bath heavenly. What a nice touch to have AVEDA products in the hotel - it certainly gave the experience a feel of truly being pampered.

Although it was minus 10 degrees outside - Pikes warm wonderful atmosphere and a staff that went above and beyond made my get away perfect.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank ddkalaska
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Stayed one night in order to catch an early morning flight out of Fairbanks. The hotel is very convenient to the airport. The check-in process was quite smooth, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We had some problem with our pre-arranged airport transportation provided by the hotel, but it was quickly resolved.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family