My wife and I went to Fairbanks (we live in Anchorage) for a weekend Toastmasters conference. The conference was held at Pike's, and we couldn't have asked for anything better! I had previously stayed at Pike's one night in 2005 after seeing Big Head Todd, and once before that when a friend got married and had the reception at "the NEW Pike's Waterfront Lodge" if that's any indication of timeframe.
Anyway, I can't rave enough about the service standard at this hotel. They were fully booked (not surprising) and I needed a room. We wanted to bring our dog with us, and that limited where we could stay. I was pleasantly surprised to find out Pike's is the most pet friendly place! So, I begged for a room on a fully booked weekend, explained my plight, and they found us a room at the last minute. Thanks Christina!
The food was fantastic! We ate all our meals in the hotel because it was included in the conference, but I think breakfast and free ice cream in the evening is included for all guests. Again, ALL our meals were great. The room was nice. The people were nice. I was happy. My wife was happy. The dog was happy. I can't think of much that could have been better, and I wouldn't plan on staying anywhere else on a future trip to Fairbanks (but I'd book further in advance).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms and cabins many with scenic views, a steam room, riverside decks, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and sleeping rooms. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and are non smoking. We offer Aveda aromatherapy bathroom amenities. Our exercise room is open 24 hours. The gift shop with ATM machine and selling food items is open 24 hours. We have extensive interpretative sign display on Fairbanks history and ecology of the area. We have free Bocce Ball, golf putting and FoosBall in the game room. We have a coin operated laundry facility. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska International airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. We have free shuttle service to/from the airport and railroad station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska