We arrived at Pike's following a land-cruise tour of Alaska. We were very pleased by these accomodations considering they were included in the cost of the cruise. The rustic feel of the lodge makes it genuinely Alaskan and fun. But beyond the aesthetics we enjoyed a beautifully appointed room with all the amenities including a refirgerator and microwave. The biggest delight came when we needed to package some of our purchases to send via USPS. When I inquired at the front desk about finding a post office, the manager not only gave me information but also gave me packaging tape, scissors and the boxes to use!!! We also asked about a late check-out and were granted one on the spot!!! We were thrilled with the friendliness of all the employees and their willingness to accomodate our leisurely check-out. They readily held our luggage until our rental car arrived and offered us several times to take us in their shuttle downtown or elsewhere. We met Ryan, greenhouse manager, and he took us through the greenhouse and let us sample his black cherry tomatoes! He even helped me with the names of various plants and pointed out the gorgeous flowers. The grounds are like a botanical garden! We also met Dwayne, one of the employees, who was exceptionally friendly and told us about his life in Alaska. We loved seeing the various cabins that are also for rent on this property.
We also ate at the restaurant next door the night we arrived and found the food to be delicious and the desserts were beyond belief and homemade from scratch!!!!! The table right on the deck and the view of the river was incredible! Prices were reasonable considering we also had cocktails. Our waitress (wish I could remember her name) was fabulous!!! She had long brown hair in a pony tail and was quite petite;) We thoroughtly enjoyed out stay and would definitely stay and eat here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Fairbanks hotel on the Chena River, Pike's Waterfront Lodge. Pike's Waterfront Lodge offers comfortable rooms and cabins many with scenic views, a steam room, riverside decks, restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and wireless Internet in the public areas and sleeping rooms. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and are non smoking. We offer Aveda aromatherapy bathroom amenities. Our exercise room is open 24 hours. The gift shop with ATM machine and selling food items is open 24 hours. We have extensive interpretative sign display on Fairbanks history and ecology of the area. We have free Bocce Ball, golf putting and FoosBall in the game room. We have a coin operated laundry facility. Our hotel is minutes from the Fairbanks Alaska International airport, next door to famous Pike's Landing restaurant. We have free shuttle service to/from the airport and railroad station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pike's Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pike`s Waterfront Hotel Fairbanks
- Pikes Waterfront Hotel
- Pikes Waterfront Fairbanks
- Pike's Waterfront Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska