Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Spring Hill, Florida
“Pros and cons”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed from 6/06/2014 to 06/16/2014. The room was nice and modern looking. It was equipped with nice appliances such as a full size refrigerator, counter top stove, coffee pot, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots and dishware. All worked fine. Checked for any signs of infestations and found nothing. The bathrooms were simple and clean. The rooms could of been a tad bit cleaner as there was dust in the curtains, base heater and draws. All the staff except one was very friendly, professional and dealt swiftly with any problems i had. The pool is not what i expected as it is small but the kids in the hotel seems to enjoy it immensely. The workout room I felt was lacking as it only had cardio equipment. The laundry facility were adequate. I would of loved for the outside smoking areas to have been away from the entrance doors to the motel. My biggest disappointment is the lack of courtesy of other travelers. Upstairs guests stomped around like elephants and other constantly slammed the heavy doors all hours of the day and night. Guest walking the hallways gave no considerations while yelling to others at the other end of the building. If you stay longer than one night request an upstairs room as this will be less frustration with others. I moved to an upstairs room my 4th night!

Room Tip: choose and upstairs room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lorrie t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff and apologize for not meeting your expectations with our gym facilities. I would also like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Healy, Alaska
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My cousin and I spent the night here just yesterday. The staff was all very nice to us even when we gave them the condom we found in our room. Let me say it was not a used one but it had dust on the package just as the chairs the nightstand shelf and the top of the refrigerator. The floor was vacuumed but only hitting the high spots. The bathroom was not to bad and the kitchen sink and countertops looked fine. Maybe someone needs to check the rooms after the have been cleaned. I am a local and I don't see me coming back, we will see

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Fairbanks hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Affordable but staff is less than helpful and location is dreadful...if you just require a cheap lace to knock out for the night this place will work. It is close to the Pioneer Park which is nice but also close to a sleazy strip joint.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is an average hotel that is intended for long term guests. The rooms are large and have a kitchenette. It is located within a five minute walk of a large grocery store but, unfortunately, there is a strip club located right across the street however there was no noise or problems. Be sure to bring your own shampoo, etc. as none is provided and housekeeping services are only provided once a week.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Mike - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a spacious room and great location, close to other establishments in the area. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
fairbanks
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Extended stay is pet friendly and the staff is wonderful. Great place to stay!!!I would strongly recomend staying at extended stay the rooms are wonderful and clean. They have a great workout room and a wonderful pool that the kids love.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I just moved to Fairbanks and had to spend the first couple nights in a hotel and seriously regret staying here! First off, if you have kids, there is a strip club literally right next door! The front desk help when I checked in wasn't too helpful at first. They werd remodeling and painting the bathrooms next to the pool and the fumes were beyond horrible! It smelled like someone dropped a giant bucket of nail polish, it was so bad that it caused the fire alarm to go off around 3:30am and it took the fire department at least 10 minutes to get there and turn off the alarm! The smell came in the room, we had to open the window and stuff a towel under the door. Also, "quiet hours" from 10pm-8am are not enforced as there were women under the influence of alcohol socializing extremely loud in the halls and rooms close by, some guests sounded as though they were arguing. And, you could hear the people above you walking around their room all night. It was a terrible experience and I am going to recommend to all my friends and family when they come to stay anywhere but extended stay america on airport way!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank poetgirl03
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the noise levels, odors and the level of customer service displayed by some members of our staff. I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please contact me directly at, foa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Sterling, Alaska
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Hallways had an unpleasant odor. Other guests were loud and obnoxious. Upstairs guests were fighting at 5am and when I called the front desk I was told that she was the only employee on the property and that there wasn't much she could do since it would be hard to find out which room it was. I suggested my room number plus one floor but she said the hotel wasn't laid out like that. My room has many small pieces of dried toilet paper on the floor in the restroom as if there had been an overflow that hadn't been cleaned up. There is a strip club and bar right across the street.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business