“Clean rooms, convenient location!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
“Clean rooms, convenient location!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and book it regularly before and after trips from the Fairbanks airport. I have arrived at the airport at all hours of the day, sometimes in the middle of the night, but never had to wait more than 5 Minutes for a free taxi pick up, courtesy of the Alpine Lodge. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. The sheets are crisp and clean, as are the towels, the beds are comfortable. Yes, as previous reviewers noted, this is not the Ritz Carlton and it doesn't claim to be. The breakfast is basic, some of the rooms may have not yet switched to the popular flat screen tv's. But if you care about a clean place to relax, a convenient location in proximity to the airport at a very reasonable rate, this hotel is for you. They let you park your vehicle on their premises during your time away at no charge and will even plug it in and have the engine warm up in time for your arrival, if you travel in the dead of winter. What more can you ask for!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AuroraAlaska

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were very happy to see our room upon our arrival at the lodge. Our room is spacious, bright, and clean, nicely decorated and fully equipped with facilities that greatly provide comfort during our 2-night stay there. We had been staying at various lodges throughout our Alaska trip before staying at Alpine. We were very glad to find that Alpine Lodge provide nice kitchen amenities and stuff such as kitchen paper, zipped lock (which we never encounter in other lodges!). The bathroom is very clean and pleasant to use. We saw that we could also do some BBQ outside the lodge if we want. The area surrounding the lodge is very quiet and peaceful, and our lodge windows overlook the beautiful Denali mountain areas. (Other lodges at Alpine Lodge all faces the same direction, hence I'm sure all their lodges here have the same excellent view!)
If we have to point out areas for improvement, we don't really have any, except for 3 very minor matter (not that we care at all because it didn't reduce our comfort at all): small mirror (there's only 1 little mirror in the bathroom), small TV (but we never turned on the TV at all as we didn't need it), and the fragrant smell of the room freshener which happened to be not to our liking (so we just turned it off). We strongly recommend Alpine Lodge for various categories of travellers: family, couple, friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Fort Yukon, Alaska
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at the Alpine. The staff is friendly and they always remember who you are when you come in. This is my second home because I travel alot for my job. They even remember when I bring my children with me who they are. I would recommend this place to everyone. I also stay there with my family as well.

Room Tip: I will be traveling on July 14th, 2012
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My grandaughter got married in Fairbanks, just a few days ago. It was a wedding done on less than a "shoestring" so some of her relatives, including me, booked a little package deal for a spa room and dinner for the two of them.
They had a spa room, so big and pretty they wanted to just move in! Their dinner was wonderful, and little touches we asked for (plates, forks and a knife for their little wedding cake) were taken care of.
They raved about how well they were treated and we were so pleased we could do this by phone thousands of miles away and every detail was just perfect.
We will recommend this hotel to everyone we think might be in the area.

Room Tip: I have no idea, having never been there myself, but they sure loved the spa room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I spent a weekend here in April 2012 as an organization I belong to held its annual meeting at the hotel.

As previous posters have noted, the facility is so close to FAI that you could literally walk to it if you were so inclined (wouldn't advise it in January, though). The hotel offers a shuttle van but I didn't need it as I had rented a car.

The Alpine Lodge is not a luxury hotel by any means. My way of describing it is as a "Perfect 5". It is a well-kept, newer budget hotel for travelers. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Check-in was fast and efficient. My 2nd-floor room was clean, quiet, and modestly appointed. The wi-fi was free and unsecured, which means it gets lots of use. Therefore it is not terrifically fast but I was able to get done what I needed to get done with no problems other than having to wait a little longer than usual.

The adjacent Finish Line bar and restaurant has its own wi-fi network. You have to walk through a short open-air breezeway to get there from the hotel, and I'm glad it wasn't 50 below during my visit! The bar offers a number of tap brews including their own private label light beer, which I sampled and enjoyed.

This hotel is a good choice for travelers; for tourists - not so much (unless you're simply staying overnight and have a rental car).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dave1013
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 14 April 2012

OK place to stay. Clean. Near the airport with a shuttle, call them after you land. Free WiFi. Far away from town, so if you don't have wheels its expensive taxi time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Canoe2Freedom
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Clean hotel with friendly and helpful front desk personnel. Rooms are a bit cramped but clean and comfortable. Practically walking distance to the airport and a shuttle is provided. decent continental breakfast. the attached restaurant is convenient. There is a small business center with a computer and printer in the lobby which is helpful for checking email or printing boarding passes.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo