“Needs some work” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Albany, NY
“Needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We recently stayed at this property and would say if you want to be near the airport- it is. However- it was extremely busy while we were there and this caused a lack of many things that would have been expected for our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful- but each morning there was little to no food left for breakfast and very crowded in the lobby and restaurant a lot of the time. The restaurant is only open in the evenings and being not near town- without a car- finding food wasn't an easy task.
Rooms were clean- guest laundry there but most machines broken or almost broken. After speaking with others staying in the area- would consider different option next time. Management needs to step up for improvements and this would be a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kcretired
jsickels, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We have made some changes to our continental breakfast since your stay and our guest laundry is in working order. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

They will send a shuttle or pay for your taxi to/from the airport (Eagle or Yellow top cabs only), even if you come in at 3am. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and there are no noise problems despite being just a 15 minute walk from the airport (not that we walked - we came in winter). The staff are friendly and helpful, and there is free breakfast in the winter months - overall a very good value if you need to stay near the airport for some reason (late arrival, early departure, etc.).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Knowing I would arrive at FAI at 2am I determined this was my best option and I was very glad I did. I called while waiting for my luggage and they told me one of the 2 can companies to use as a shuttle. Found one quickly and he drove me the 2 minutes to the Lodge. Driver went right to the desk and got his voucher, it was hassle free for me. Room is basic but comfortable and did its job for my son and myself. Breakfast was serve yourself and very good for the rate. The hotel even covered my taxi back to the terminal to pick up my rental car. All the staff I came in to contact with was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Our stay was like being at home. Kris and Chase were both friendly and helpful. They made us feel like we were coming home when we walked into the lobby each day. The breakfast was a real breakfast and a hit with both of us. The room was clean with plenty of towels and hot water. We are looking forward to a return trip. We were picked up at the airport and returned when we checked out. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: All rooms with windows give you an excellent view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I travel year around and enjoy the home town atmosphere. The free breakfast actually is a breakfast. Chase is always very helpful in making sure I get my wake up call which makes it easier for me to get a good night of rest, even though I set my phone alarm it's great to have a back up plan. GREAT PLACE very close to the airport . I love the specialized windows that block out all the air traffic noise . Enjoy I'm sure you will.
Steve. MotorCoach commander 1.7 million alaskan miles. :-)

Stayed January 2014
jsickels, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding Chase! I will share your review with him and the rest of the hotel staff. I am glad that you enjoy our continental breakfast and the rooms.

Thank you for your business.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here one night in September to attend a wedding. We arrived in Fairbanks early in the morning, went to a wedding, then checked in to the hotel before the reception. The lady who checked us in asked us what floor we preferred to be on and we just took the first floor.
The room smelled like cleaning products and it was pretty strong, but at least we knew the room was clean. The beds were comfortable with enough pillows for all of us. We took a nap then off to the reception we went. By the time we got back to the room 7 hours later the cleaning solution smell was not as strong. The next morning we slept in so didn't make the breakfast.
The staff were nice and the hotel served its purpose for our short trip. No complaints and would probably stay here again if we travel to Fairbanks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to see that you had a wonderful experience with us! We hope to see you when you come to Fairbanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

4th year in a row staying here. Put in a seminar and left next morning. Slept fine. Room was clean and quiet and all that.

Our Conference room experiences in years past have ran smoother. They had a presenter' stable this year that was pretty unstable. Electrical outlets in floor taped off so needed extension cords to run things. None provided at set up (had to ask and it took awhile to produce one). Banquet staff not particularly warm and friendly about that kind of stuff this year. (Have come to expect far different in years past).

Restaurant staff was very warm, welcoming informative etc. And ther food was good.

Continental breakfast was ok but unfortunately a bit skimpy (some youth sports team and parents were staying in the hotel too. The kids had went thru the breakfast like a pack of hungry wolves and left little behind. Couldn't wait to see if restocked. Had to catch a flight.

I would probably stay here again, but I noticed a little decrease in thugs this year compared to previous.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business