“very unique property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
ah Rose Marie Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“very unique property”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

the main B&B is in one house and the rest of the rooms and the 'apartment' that we stayed in are in the house next door. The host John is an interesting man, very welcoming and obliging. Left us fresh bananas and snacks. Did our washing for us. We stayed 3 nights and every morning there was a lovely breakfast and John gave us his must see list in Fairbanks. Very helpful. The only criticism I have is the window fittings. Summer in Alaska means the sun does not go down and there was only light blinds at the windows. So for us non-Alaskans it was very difficult to sleep.

2 Thank Cuddlefi5h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birsfelden, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for about 3 nights and were on a seperate room next to the house. It was perfect, with a small kitchen, bathroom, double bed and clean.
John welcomed us late in the night with cookies, coffee and tee...that was very nice. He also made every morning a big breakfast with fresh omletts, which were absolutely,wicked, delicious!!! :D <3
He also gave us tips where to go and what to see and was very friendly and helpful at all!
We can just absolutely recommend this place, we really enjoyed our stay there!

1 Thank zaggamalara
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

There is not much to see or do in Fairbanks as it is a very industrial town but if you need a place to stay for the night before you catch the train, Ah Rose Marie is the place to stay. John is very knowledgeable and will let you know what you must see in your short time in Fairbanks. If you plan to stay longer, rent a car to see some of the great sights just a few miles away. Silver Glosch Microbrewery is about 8 miles.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank A B
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Ah, Rose Marie B&B is a classic in Fairbanks. It’s just a few minute walk from downtown Fairbanks on a quiet residential street. The proprietor, John Davis is almost always on site and provides useful information and recommendations on things to do and places to eat. The B&B is a converted home with many personal touches. Some of the rooms have a shared bath and those on the second floor are accessed via a winding staircase. The rooms vary in size but all are clean and comfortable. There is a second property next door but I did not get the opportunity to see it. John prepares a cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning and there are always snacks around during the remainder of the day. Be sure to ask John about the name of the B&B as well as his background. He’s led an interesting life and is happy to share during periods between many of his household tasks. This B&B hits a budget sweet spot between the hotels and larger B&Bs with more accommodations. If you’re looking for a convenient location at a reasonable price, the Ah, Rose Marie is worth a further look.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnZ-SanDiego
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Can only endorse all the previous positive comments.
Clean, comfortable, very centrally located, great breakfasts and a very pleasant and helpful host in John Davis.
John kindly picked us up from the station at 8pm after our long train trip from Anchorage which was very much appreciated.

1 Thank prahran
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After researching all the options regarding Fairbanks accommodations, I decided to go with ah Rose Marie B&B, and I know that I absolutely made the right choice! Upon arrival, the proprietor Mr. Davis offered me a choice of available rooms - the one I was originally booked for, and a recently vacated one. I went for the latter, a sweet, cozy and tidy room that was small, but just right for me, a single woman travelling alone. I spent 3 wonderful nights in that room and it felt just like my bedroom when I was little!
Mr. Davis was very accommodating regarding my chaotic schedule (planned excursions returning me to the b&b at 3-4am!), and always had a deliciously scrumptious breakfast made to order and perfectly timed. He also left yummy snacks out throughout the day.
If you want to know anything to do in and around Fairbanks, this is your man. I cannot say enough good things about Mr. Davis and his b&b - you must make his establishment part of your trip to Fairbanks and see for yourself.
One last thing, he does have a precious kitty named Tyla 2 (he will explain if you ask), who made my stay even more enjoyable. I happen to be allergic to cats, yet adore them. I was aware of Tyla prior to my trip, so brought medication with me just in case, yet never had cause to use any.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jessica D
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was there for a couple of days. Mr Davis is polite, always willing to help. Food is good, tea, fruits, cookies always available also during the day.
Accommodations are great. Fantastic experience.
Hope to go back one day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo