“Arctic Circle Air Adventure---quite the adventure”

Northern Alaska Tour Company
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
3-Day Arctic Circle of Alaska Northern Lights...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Alaska’s Arctic! Northern Alaska Tour Company pioneered Arctic Circle touring on Alaska’s Dalton Highway. We invite you to experience for yourself the legendary hospitality and authentic interpretation that made our Arctic Circle Adventures famous. During the Summer we are open 6:00 AM to Midnight 7 days a week, during the Winter we are open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This tour started in Fairbanks and flew up to Coldfoot in the Arctic Circle. We then drove to Wiseman and met a man who lives in the town of 13. Quite interesting to hear him talk about living in a "town" with so few people and how he lives. Then went back to Coldfoot located on the Dalton Highway. This is not a tour for someone scared to fly in small airplanes! It was great fun, though, to fly over miles and miles of wilderness.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"northern lights"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2014

we have been on 2 arctic circle tours the first was the arctic circle drive tour. matt was our guide and was just fantastic. the second time was arctic circle fly/drive tour both were great we stopped at arctic circle trading post to watch the northern lights would recommend either tour to anybody.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I'll start of saying, our tour guide, Rachel is hands down the best guide I've ever had, in anywhere I've been. She truly is a fun and people oriented person, and knows so much about history, stories, astronomy, in Alaska!

I did the Arctic Circle with Rachel, was combined with a group that was going up to Coldfoot as well. We had a fun small group, and being a solo traveler it was really fun to get meet some amazing people from all around the world!

It's a long trip! So make sure you rest up the night before! Bring food if you like, as there won't be any proper restaurants on the way! But you will stop at Safeway if you need to get some food for the trip.

While driving I love how you can see the landscape change to a frozen desert, it's creepily beautiful. You'll make a couple stops most notably Dalton HWY sign and of course at 66 degrees north at the arctic circle. But my favorite, was getting to sled on the side of the road - was such a nice surprise and something that I will remember always. You're surround by snow covered trees that look like armies of setinels - its such a beautiful sight ! Make a snow angel too! Give the truck drivers on Dalton HWY something to giggle at (hehe!). We also made a stop at a bridge ( I don't remember the name! :-( ) But a nice stop to get out at stretch your legs, Rachel gave us each some bubbles! It's so cold out that they freeze and bust open! How cool! :D

You'll make a stop at the Trans Alaskan pipeline! Follow it through you trip too! You'll see it disappear and reappear (perma frost maybe?). Make sure you take pictures of it and the surrounding scenery - you'll begin to see less trees past here.

Your final stop will be at the ARCTIC CIRCLE!!!! What a feat! You'll get to take pictures, and get a certificate that you made the long journey! Drink some hot chocolate or tea, and let it sink in.

On the way home, we watched some documentaries - and Rachel told some stories about the stars as we were looking for northern lights on the way home.

This is hands down the best tour I have ever taken. I'll remember it for a lifetime. Thank you so much for making this the best trip ever. I can't wait to return!

1  Thank Lindsay54
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We took the Arctic Circle Drive tour. It was a very looonnnggg day on a tour bus, but so enjoyable we hardly noticed. Our tour guide/driver was very knowledgeable about Alaska history. The scenery along the Dalton Hwy was beautiful and we had many adventurous stops along the way. I was prepared for taking a nap on the way back, but the interesting videos our guide showed as well as the information he shared, kept me awake the entire ride!

3  Thank pinknurse7