“Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
yakima
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night. The room was inside a private home. Given this, some may be uncomfortable, but it was actually a nice change from a hotel- give it a chance.
We found the room immaculate, comfortable and inviting. The bathroom had a huge, 2 person jacuzzi tub with a large bottle if bubble bath. There was a large, flat screen TV.
During check in I was told that if we wanted the gourmet breakfast we would put out name on a note pad, if unable there would be coffee, waffles available in the kitchen.
There are bikes and canoes available.
This is in a residential area near the college and airport. We needed a taxi to take us to the train and this was a quick ride.
Very quiet and beautiful flowers all around!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank yakimawinelovers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The male owner showed us all the rooms and gave us a tour. At the time i was very sick and going up and down all the stair was making me breathless and uncomfortable. We saw a room we liked and I asked to end the tour. He was bery rude and said this is how we do it. I was very embarrassed and uncomfortable.

The building we went with has a small sketchy stairway which would have been quaint and give it an apartment like feature if we had felt safe. A door led to a 6x4 hallway that had two doors to two rooms.

My husband and i are a young couple so we thought the room was nice and enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. We also loved the kitchenette with doshes and plates.

The neighbors that we shared the small hallway with were in my opinion drug dealers. They had high traffic of differet people coming in and out. We could smell weed being smoked and a strange chemical smell that made me sick. I would guess they were cooking some type of drug. My husband was there and we had paid for a week so we put up with it.

My husband went to the male owner and told him all this. he replied they pay cash and good for business. what an idiot. i am glad he is ok with providing people housing to make and sell drugs.

My active duty army husband had to go the field and i no longer wanted to stay in the room. the female owner understood and changed my room. she also convinced me I should be the one to call the cops on the drug dealers. i almost did but decided not to because its her damn hotel. I didnt want drug dealers coming after me. the lady did seemed concerned and said her husband wasnt doing anything about it. i felt bad for her because her husband is a jerk.

I changed rooms to one down the road in a shady looking area. I moved in and found used needles in a drawer. I started loosing it crying. I had just moved from florida and felt scared out of my mind. I moved my stuff out went back crying and she gave me some of my money back. The owner was shocked because she said her employees stay in that room. First off i was annoyed i got put in an employee room and they have drugees working there.

This place has he potential to be very enjoyable. I found it very quaint. The wife should not let her husband around guests. Stop employing and renting to drugees. It would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jray1010

Travellers are raving about these Fairbanks hotels

Silver Salmon Creek
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was excited that $85 got us a place that would take dogs and have a kitchenette and free breakfast. But the breakfast was in the main building, which I was aware we wouldn't be at, but not aware I wasn't even in the same city block. So if I wanted it, I would have to drive over at 7:30am. And we had to let them know ahead of time if we were coming. The room was like a college dorm. The door opened to the hall where the main door outside was. There was a gap under the door where the light and noise from the hall came in, right at the foot of our bed. We heard the people all coming and going all night.

There was a jacuzzi tub, cable, and wifi. There was a big fridge and a kitchen with a table. The oven was broken, and they did send someone over to fix it. Thing is, they did not tell us they were coming. We had been out, and walked in to two strangers in the kitchen. They were nice, and had fixed the stove, but did not make themselves known while we were talking and unpacking our things. I just would have liked to be informed when they were coming and that they were there.

The whole experience was just kind of disappointing and uncomfortable. I highly recommend this for a college students long term housing. Or as a cheap alternative to a hotel room. But it is not the big fancy layouts listed on their websites. One small full sized bed, in a tight space and a kitchen squished into a hallway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jennyhilterbrand
Oak Grove, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood in the university area. We got a room with a jacuzzi and a "fireplace" for under $100 on Valentine's weekend which I feel is a great deal. The staff was genuinely friendly as opposed to the usual false saccharine sweet you typically see in a service environment. The room was smaller than I expected but not uncomfortably so. The decor was reminiscent of my grandmother's house in the early 90's, and may have actually been that old, but it was well cared for and in decent condition. Initially the decor was a little off-putting for a romantic getaway but we were able to laugh about it and it was easily overlooked. The jacuzzi worked great and the false electric fireplace was surprisingly pleasant. Everything seemed clean except for the faint hand-print on the ceiling over the bed (someone had a better time that we did I guess). I'm pretty sure the person in the room next to us was going deaf since I could hear his TV everywhere (down the hall, in our room, etc.). The internet was slow and would disconnect intermittently but most hotels have issues with that on a regular basis so nothing out of the norm. I really liked the house and the grounds and after a few minutes of the tour we were given at check-in I felt very at home. All in all we had a great time, I would have no problem recommending others stay here as well.

Room Tip: This is a B&B style hotel, don't expect it to look or feel like a radisson, it is a personal...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 59matt
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed here in high summer because all of the major hotels in the area were full. The price was right, the food delicious, the decor beautiful, and the flowers glorious. The rooms were clean and we had internet. We had the run of the house -- able to fully enjoy the living room, books galore, and an assortment of coffees and teas. There was adequate parking with plug-ins for winter. The location was spendid for us. We liked it so well, we stayed there again in November without even bothering to check the availability anywhere else. What's not to like? We liked it all!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Lee Ann K
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed three nights and enjoyed our stay. Inside, the place is a bit of a maze and every room is different. So make sure you take a look around. The room we stayed in had a kind of seventies feel, but was comfortable enough. We enjoyed the breakfasts -- each day, something different, hearty and homemade. The owner graciously allowed us to use the kitchen to cook our own steak dinner one night. The inn is in a quiet location, very convent to the University of Alaska and its wonderful museum. The water wasn't that great -- if it sat, some sediment appeared. All in all, we felt we got good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeggyLC4
Winter Garden, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Large home with acceptable to nice rooms in the inn portion. Housekeeper had to be invited to make bed, clean toilet & failed to replace tissues. Breakfasts were fine. Be sure to drink filtered water or bring bottled water. Wireless internet available, but not secure. Flowers and gardens nice. Laundry facilities available. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Aurora from your room in the inn, ask for room in the back of the main house...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple