“Most Accommodating !”

Ranked #11 of 41 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Whistler, Canada
“Most Accommodating !”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

From our arrival onwards, our comfort and enjoyment was of the utmost priority. Everything was stress free and pleasant, from the greeting & parking arrangement, map and information
for restaurants/sights, to the tastefully well appointed ensuite, and the delicious full
breakfast, complete with individual, artfully arranged fruit plate. A most enjoyable stay !
Sylvia Krainer,Vancouver,BC

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Malverne, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This lovely inn is comprised of several buildings on a large property within walking distance of downtown Fairbanks. The building our room was in had a large living room with big screen TV and lots of comfortable chairs for guests' use. The adjacent building where breakfast is served also had a nice sitting area, computer with internet access, laundry room, coffee/tea and lots of tourist information. For those arriving by car, there is ample parking.

We stayed in the Allysum Room with queen size bed. The room was small but very adequate and had a large ensuite bathroom with shower. Breakfast consisted of fruit or juice, a hot egg dish with bacon or sausage and toast the two days we were there.

The proprietors, the Hazelaar family, are cheerful and friendly The whole place is beautifully maintained and every effort is made to ensure that guests have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dryden, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2011

You can read reviews and research for months but you still don't know if you picked the right place. We chose Minnie Street B&B and it far exceeded our expectations! Beautifully decorated with an intimate atmoshere that puts you at ease as soon as you walk on to the property. Our host Joseph was kind and very helpful in pointing out things to do and see while in Fairbanks. The beds were the best, most comfortable we slept in during our 17 day Alaska vacation. A couple in our party of 10 were hesitant about staying at a B & B because they felt as though they were interfering in the lives of their hosts. But they never felt that way here. The breakfast that Joseph and his wife Jessica prepared for us was delicious! Our only regret was that we didn't stay here longer. If you go to Fairbanks, PLEASE book several nights at the Minnie Street B&B. It will be a memory that lasts a lifetime!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We spent 4 nights here and received warm, royal treatment. The suite was beautifully decorated and furnished with everything we could possibly need or want. One night we broiled steaks in our fully equipped kitchen, made use of our laundry room and relaxed in our deluxe, private jacuzzi! The bed was indescribably comfortable. Delicious breakfasts (seated around a 12 foot table) provided interesting conversation with other guests. When in Fairbanks, treat yourself to a premium suite at Minnie Street B&B, and you'll understand why it's now our first and only choice!

Room Tip: Stay in a Premium suite if possible - incredible experience!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Hatfield Peverel
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed here whilst on a recent tour of Alaska including Denali. A great welcome to an attractive small group of 3 detached houses. The property has good parking, is well appointed and within easy walking distance of a recommended restaurant and the town of Fairbanks. An excellent breakfast is provided. The bedroom was clean, well decorated and very comfortable and was quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrianHatfieldPeverel
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I loved my stay at Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast in Fairbanks it is an absolutely fantastic Inn. From the moment I walked in I was made to feel as though this was my home too. Marnie and Lambert are amazingly hospitable and made me feel very comfortable which could be a little awkward generally as I was there on my own. I enjoyed the fantastic breakfast and the conversations around the wonderful 12 foot Dining Room table with them and the other guests. My room was immaculate and cheery with a bed that was so comfortable I asked them what type of mattress they used as I have never have had a bed so comfortable in my life. Marnie was happy to share with me and since I have been back in Canada I have bought the same for my bed. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality I most definitely will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My wife and I traveled on short notice to Fairbanks to attend a family memorial service. The host and hostess welcomed us and our relatives as family, and we appreciated the clean accommodations, the wonderful breakfasts as well as their hospitality. If we return to Fairbanks, we will be certain to lodge again at Minnie Street...R Samuel, MD

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family