“Better than a hotel if you're going to Fairbanks”
Review of Minnie Street Inn

Minnie Street Inn
Ranked #10 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2008

On my trip to Alaska, I spent one night in Fairbanks. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I selected the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast. I’d highly recommend it to anyone else. The place is very clean, spacious and nice. I stayed in a room that shared a bathroom—though there was no one in the other room that would have shared, so it was all mine and very close to my room. My room had everything you’d expect from a regular hotel room, including cable TV and free wireless Internet Access—only it felt like home. And the bed was perfect, with a mattress that wasn’t too hard or too soft. It was just right.

The owners were away but the assistant manager went above and beyond the call for me. I had to drive to Anchorage the next day and wanted to leave early. Vicky got up extra early and made sure that I had a complete delicious breakfast ready for me. She was a very gracious host and if I ever go back to Fairbanks, I’d certainly stay there again. Big thumbs up for the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Girl_From_Portland

Reviewed 1 February 2008

I stayed at the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast last month while I was on business in Fairbanks, Alaska. I had only stayed at one other bed and breakfast but it was many years ago so I was a little hesitant to stay at a B and B. That hesitancy did not last very long. The owners are the nicest people you could ever meet and the service was outstanding. I was so comfortable and very impressed with their establishment.

I have already come home and told my wife and friends about it and will be referring business to them for a long time to come. I sure hope that I get the opportunity to visit Alaska again and if so I WILL be staying at their bed and breakfast again. Thank you so much for such a wonderful time.

Jared Avery

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2007

My family and I stayed at the Minnie Street B & B. The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Our rooms were comfortable and included the little details that make you feel at home. There is a washer and dryer available for guest use. It was a nice amenity. The hosts were very friendly and provided interesting information about the area. Breakfast was wonderful and hearty. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2007

Wow! From the moment Marnie opened the door to our suite, I was amazed! We stayed in the Pansy Suite, a one-room apartment that includes a full-size kitchen, living room, a steam shower in the bathroom, and a Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. The suite also has its own deck and back yard access, and was recently remodeled. Breakfasts were delicious, and the hospitality was first rate. We were delighted by our stay at Minnie Street!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2007

stayed at minnie st for 2 nights end of june, breakfasts were very nice and for my second morning they made sure full breakfast was ready so i could eat before leaving for early train. they also would have made me a breakfast to go if i wanted. i was a single so my room was in the main building (with the dining room), it had two twin beds, pleasant, clean, only drawback was that i had to share a bathroom in the hallway with another room, wasn't really a big deal but it's always nice to have your own bathroom.
i never actually met marnie, but their daughter-in-law was very nice and very helpful. when i was there lambert seemed aloof but pleasant enough, but i had goofed on my original reservation and lambert was very accomodating. vicki made a great breakfast and was very nice. i never went into the 2 other houses but the common back yard and deck were very nice with a hot tub and beautiful flowers and plants. it was close to downtown and reasonably priced. would definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 18 July 2007

We stayed at the Minnie Street B&B in September 2006 and loved it so much we came back and spent a week in one of their premium suites in March of 2007. Everything is so clean and fresh, Marnie and Lambert are so welcoming and helpful, the breakfasts are wonderful eaten there or packed to go, and it is such a convenient location. Lots of little extras to make your stay extra special. The beds are THE BEST! We have stayed in a lot of B&B's but this is definitely our all-time favorite. You can't go wrong staying at Minnie Street!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Stayed two nights at Minnie St. and found it to be one of the best B&B's that we stayed in in Alaska. Our room was extremely comfortable and well furnished and Marnie, our host, was very helpful with all our needs. Her breakfasts were to die for. We will definetly go back.

Stayed: June 2007