“A little oasis in Fairbanks!”
Review of Minnie Street Inn

Minnie Street Inn
Ranked #10 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I'm from Anchorage and had a business meeting at the University in Fairbanks. I looked for a B&B because I just didn't want to stay at a blah hotel. Minnie St. is wonderful! My room was very pretty, spacious, and the bed was oh so comfy. The owners were quite friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great (we had crustless quiche, berrys, and pastries). The other guest were fun, and I'll definitely stay there again when I return.

Oh, about the need to take your shoes off- that's true all over Alaska, in private homes and B&Bs, just as it is in Japan. When we moved up here 10 years ago, we found out the hard way not to wear socks with holes in them to a party at someone's house... :)

Room Tip: I got a premium queen room, it was quite spacious and had a really nice private bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kayjayay

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and stayed here for one night in August 2012. The bed and breakfast is very close to downtown Fairbanks within walking distance. We found the owner, Lambert very helpful and even met some of his extended family. The room was excellent with a very comfortable bed. This bed and breakfast has lovely gardens with outdoor seating.We were recommended to go here by the Fairbanks tourist office and we were not disappointed. Our only regret was that we did not stay longer.Breakfast was good with convivial company.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a stay at Minnie St. B&B...very comfortable room and a delicious breakfast...all outdone by the friendly staff and wonderful conversation with other sojourners. The price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay when you're in Fairbanks.
Frank and Leslie Johnson

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Lambert

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I spent a couple of nights at the Minnie St. B&B (with a break in between) and I found the owners, Lambert and Marnie, to be extremely friendly, full of helpful advice, and very welcoming. Lambert gave me lots of useful information about Fairbanks (and beyond) to help me get the most out of my short stay. Breakfasts were generous and delicious, and the room was very clean and tidy, and ideal for my needs. The B&B is spread across a few buildings, with breakfast served in the main house, but this was not a problem at all as it was only a few yards to walk. The B&B is located very close to centre of downtown Fairbanks, just a few minutes walk, and is very convenient. I enjoyed my stay and I can heartily recommend Lambert and Marnie's hospitality to anyone who needs to stay in Fairbanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. Lambert

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I wanted to take my wife to a bed and breakfast for a late birthday getaway and the Minnie Street B&B had great reviews. We were the only people staying there and it was Amazing. The couple that maintained it was very hospitable and the room was very cozy and affordable. The breakfast in the morning was very comfortable. We got to sit and talk with the owners, have a nice conversation and eat a great breakfast. First was a banana yogurt and granola then a spinach and sausage omelet with juice and coffee. I must say it was an amazing night and a great getaway. I Highly recommend staying here for just a quick get away or for a nice vacation to see Fairbanks.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here with my adult daughter for 4 nights during the Fairbanks Ice Festival. The owners were very friendly, and extremely helpful. The breakfasts were very enjoyable. The room was very clean and the home was very clean. The location is excellent-close to town, and walking distance to the visitor center. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed 4 nights....the aurora was unbelievable and made the trip memorable.

For this B&B there were no open easily accessible shared areas...living, kitchen, etc are all in one house and our room was in one of the other 3 homes the owner has. No coffee is provided in your room! For coffee you need to get dressed....to handle the -8 weather to get to the main house for breakfast and your first cup of coffee.

No ice trays in your mini fridge nor easy access to any.

There were workers remodeling a guest room below us during our stay and their radio started pretty early one morning....after we were up till 3AM for the aurora.

The TV did not work in the room....picture O.K....sound had too much static to enjoy it.

The room was clean but small. The previous reviews mentioning the obsessive attention to guests removing their shoes is correct....this would probably be less of a problem in the summer but with winter boots and no place to sit to remove them, it becomes a problem. If you want guests to remove their shoes you need to make it easy for them.

Because we were up late for the aurora we did not go to the breakfast ...it is only served at 7:30 and 8:30???? So we got a bagged breakfast.....which consisted of a bottle of water, store bought bagel w/cream cheese, small yo-plait yogurt and 1/2 banana? The banana was black....from being in the fridge.

I have stayed in a lot of B&B's and would have expected some fresh baked items, juice and a whole fruit. No real thought or effort went into the preparation of this. Don't get the bagged breakfast...go out for breakfast!

On the plus side...the room was warm and the cleaning lady friendly and helpful. I would check out another place next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Marnie H, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Thanks so much for your thoughts about our sack breakfast , I think you were correct, we should have done a better job. Please know that we will do a better job in the future with what you have suggested.