“Great breakfast!”

Minnie Street Inn
Ranked #11 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

On my way to moving into my dorm, my dad came to assist me. We had to book at a short notice because I couldn't move in at the time. The place was very clean and very homey!

We stayed in one room with twin beds and or own bathroom. It was very comfortable and quiet. We greatly enjoyed the room! The best part of the stay was the breakfast! We all sat at a big table and met new people while we were served amazing French toast with all the fixings!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Staying at the Minnie Street B & B was a delightful experience. My room was comfy, cozy and very clean. The owners have given a lot of thought to making the B & B as nice as possible. Bathrobes and slippers, tourist information, a pleasant dining room area, good and plentiful breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Santa Clara, Utah
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Our room had a private bath and a comfy bed. It was a little tight going around the chair to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but I judge how good a vacation is on how many bruises I get (bruise easily). We stayed 3 nites. They were very helpful in telling us how to avoid the road destruction/construction near their place. We went to Bobby's on their recommedation and enjoyed it. They called for a cab the day we left and packed us a great cold breakfast. The hot ones were even better!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Positives:
• Our room was clean, bright and airy.
• There was a fridge in the room.
• We enjoyed our morning walk along the river.
Negatives:
• A gruff greeting from the owner, whose wife was away visiting relatives. We did not feel welcomed, nor were we offered assistance carrying our luggage to our room, which we hadn’t been told would be on the second floor.
• No AC and it was over 80 degrees in Fairbanks that late July day. In order to keep the upstairs room almost cool enough, we had to open the windows and blinds and keep the fan on. This meant that the brightness of Alaska’s midnight sun was on our faces all night, and the noise from the rattling of the blinds made us wake up from our uneasy sleep.
• No coffee maker in the room.
• There is a shoes-off policy in the rooms, but the carpet didn’t look like it.
• We had to sign up for breakfast at a certain time, which was inconvenient for us.
• The hot breakfast served was a quiche with meat in it and we are vegetarian, which the owners had been told by our travel agent. The coffee was too weak to drink. The potato pancakes were from a box.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
My wife's Mother was dying so she had to be away for 6 weeks. I was carrying her part of this business as well as my own and I was quite tired. I'm 67 years old and carrying everyone's bags for them is not what we do here, however I will do it when someone simply cannot do it themselves, and asks if I would be kind enough to do it.
In Alaska, everyone takes their shoes off in their homes, just as they do in Japan. As far as the breakfast having meat in it and these folks were vegetarians, I apologize. I'm not quite sure if anything would make these folks happy. Perhaps they would be better off in hotel instead of a B&B.
ft. lauderdale FL
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Nice Host, nice crowd to meet at breakfast, though that would depend on occupancy.They have several seating times, at one big table... Nice folks making the breakfast which was excellent. Room was very nice. THE place to stay if you want a B&B in Fairbanks.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I'm from Anchorage and had a business meeting at the University in Fairbanks. I looked for a B&B because I just didn't want to stay at a blah hotel. Minnie St. is wonderful! My room was very pretty, spacious, and the bed was oh so comfy. The owners were quite friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great (we had crustless quiche, berrys, and pastries). The other guest were fun, and I'll definitely stay there again when I return.

Oh, about the need to take your shoes off- that's true all over Alaska, in private homes and B&Bs, just as it is in Japan. When we moved up here 10 years ago, we found out the hard way not to wear socks with holes in them to a party at someone's house... :)

Room Tip: I got a premium queen room, it was quite spacious and had a really nice private bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kayjayay
Scotland
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and stayed here for one night in August 2012. The bed and breakfast is very close to downtown Fairbanks within walking distance. We found the owner, Lambert very helpful and even met some of his extended family. The room was excellent with a very comfortable bed. This bed and breakfast has lovely gardens with outdoor seating.We were recommended to go here by the Fairbanks tourist office and we were not disappointed. Our only regret was that we did not stay longer.Breakfast was good with convivial company.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple