“Great room, ok breakfast”
Review of Minnie Street Inn

Minnie Street Inn
Ranked #11 of 40 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great room, ok breakfast”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at Minnie Street B&B for 3 nights in March 2014. We got the Evening Primrose room and really liked it. Both the room and the bathroom were large. The bed was very comfortable. The room was quiet even though it is located right next to the kitchen and dining room.

The only thing I would encourage the owners to do is offer more breakfast options. We stayed 3 days and had the same breakfast twice. That being said, both breakfasts were pretty good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Genevieve C
Marnie H, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks so much for your comments. We, the owners, were gone and had someone else running the Inn for awhile. So sorry to hear that there weren't many different breakfasts for you while you were here, under their care, but,......we're back now, and I promise you there are MANY different breakfasts when we're in the kitchen. Please come back and stay with us when you're Fairbanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hello to the owners of this bed and breakfast, I was planning on getting a room at your b&b but after reading your response to your customers I'm put off. You might think what you said was informative but basicly you show how unprofessional you are when being criticized. As for your services they could be exceptional but with what I've read just from your statements you need to work on your manners. Potential customers would be wise to avoid you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Casey D
Marnie H, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
So very sorry you felt this way when you didn't even stay with us . Hopefully we can make it up to you some time, if you ever come back. We'd love to be able to "win you over".
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed several nights and found all the comforts of home. Chantelle and John went out of their way to provide a warm welcome when I arrived a bit ill from the flight in. I guess I really don't have adequate words to express just how grateful I am for their concern for us. Thank you so very much!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darladenise
Vermillion, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I throughly enjoyed our four day stay at the Minnie St. B & B. The B&B was conveniently located and the room was beautiful and comfortable. Both the food and the company at breakfast was excellent. Marnie is a great cook and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Marnie H, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you very much. We appreciate your kind comments.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My son and I recently spent four great days here. We got in at 2 AM and the keys and the room was ready for us . The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. The breakfasts were well prepared and delicious, Marnie even made vegetarians breakfast for son and the Apricot tea was great and the juice was fresh. The host Lambert and Marnie looked after our every needs and offered great advise on what to see and do in the Fairbanks area. Lambert even recommended a great place to drive and see the Northern Light which we did and thanks to Lambert direction we got to see the most beautiful show of our lives. So thanks Lambert.
They both were very professional and were a pleasure to meet. They made us feel at home. I plan to go back as my son will be going to school so I feel that I made a friends in Fairbanks. I do look forward to returning to Fairbanks and will definitely stay at Minnie Street B&B again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as father and son.

Room Tip: Call and speak to Lambert or Marnie directly they are nice people all rooms are in good location.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Moshe S
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Moshe. Thanks so much for your kind comments. We SO enjoyed having you and your son. It was fun to see the amazing connection you had too with the other guests! I am always amazed at what happens at our breakfast table! So glad that we were able to help make your son's transition easier.........and just so you know..........we look forward to you coming again!!
Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our first stay at a B & B and the start of our 2 week trip to Alaska. The room was comfortable, the hosts were pleasant, but I never got a feeling of comfort. We saw the hosts when checking in, at breakfast the first day and then not again. Breakfast was served at 7 and 8 and we had to put in our preference the night before. That worked well the first morning, but there was no one around to express our preference to on Saturday night. We had asked about being able to have breakfast and make the 8 am train on Sunday and was told it would not be a problem. When we got up Sunday morning, the main floor was empty. There was no sign of breakfast being prepared, no fruit to take with us, etc. It really left a negative impression of our entire visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
We take so pride in folks that come for the first time to make there stay a good one. It looks like we failed at this one. I am so sorry for the lack of communication. We do offer a sack breakfast for those who choose to not make the 7:15 breakfast. I will make a point to have myself or my wife talk about all the days for breakfast times for future guest so that this will not happen again. Thanks so much for letting us know. Lambert
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We recently spent three great days here. After an initial problem with the wrong room we settled into three days of luxury. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. The breakfasts were well prepared and delicious, the coffee was great and the juice fresh. The hosts looked after our every needs and offered great advise on what to see and do in the Fairbanks area.
In regards to the recent comments about the hosts mentioning their past, yes they did but only when asked and they did not dwell on it or push their beliefs. They both were very professional and a pleasure to meet.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
inkeepers, Owner at Minnie Street Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, and for coming to our defense. We have been doing our Bed & Breakfast for 23 years now, and have loved serving all the great people that come. This is a hard business to be in if you're trying to please ALL the people ALL the time. Some simply feel the need to find things wrong instead of right, and I understand that. I always say " when I'm staying at someone's home that has simply graciously asked me to come and stay with them, you never find fault with their hospitality.......but as soon as you add "paying for where you stay" you put on different glasses and feel the need to find the what is wrong instead of all the things that are right. We lived our lives to serve. Sometimes it seems to be not enough, even though "excellence" is our constant goal.