“We encountered the CONS before we experienced PROS”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Richmond, TX
“We encountered the CONS before we experienced PROS”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had reservations...we are "Diamond" members of BestWestern Reward program...but that did not carry any recognition at this location. I had injured my ankle and had hobbled to the counter for check in. We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor. But once we loaded up the luggage cart with 6 suitcases and 1 portable refrigerator (loaded with medical supplies) and made our way to the elevator we encountered a sign that stated "Out of Order". The front desk did not have much to say when we inquired as to the inconvenience. We had a large suite but the layout was very awkward. Most suites this large offer a television in the sitting area as well as the bedroom area. We could not sit on the sofa and watch television comfortably. Unfortunately for me, with the extent of my injury that was all I could do!!
Housekeeping came after 3pm our entire stay. This facility has door hangers for housekeeping requests. I liked that the bathroom vanity was in the "bedroom area" allowing for more than one at a time to prepare for the day. Breakfast was the average fare. The hotel location is off the beaten path and appears as a retreat. The room was quiet for the most part. BestWestern Pioneer Park will not be my choice for a hotel on my return visits. My husband was so dissatisfied with our stay at the BW Pioneer Park hotel that for ANY & ALL furture vacation lodgings he does NOT want to stay any BestWestern hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ChenaRivergm, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
We do extend our sincerest apologies for not being able to exceed your expectation. Here at the Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn strive to make your stay as welcoming and as pleasant as possible. Clearly we did not accomplish that task during your stay.
However we do appreciate you informing us of these problems so we can improve our property and help make future stays more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel before and after the Labor Day holiday weekend. Upon my arrival late, I was given a room that had some issues. It was clean but had some maintenance issues. In the morning I spoke with the desk manager and he was very apologetic and moved me into a suite for the remainder of my stay. Now that is old fashioned customer service. Thank you!
In addition, I drive a mobile showroom truck and ideally I need 4 parking spaces and electricity.
The general manager accommodated me by placing 4 street cones out to save a space for my truck right next to an outlet. Again, thank you!
This is the only place to stay in Fairbanks, AK...newly refurbished, quiet and comfortable after a long days work!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank kernvilledaddy
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I apologize again for the maintenance issues you experienced on your first night and I am grateful you allowed us to move you to a different room and upgrade you in the process. We strive to provide our guests outstanding customer service and accommodate the individual needs of our guests whenever possible.

We hope to see you back again.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 19 September 2013

New hotel in very convenient location. Every amenity, including indoor pool. perfect for Alaska! Everyone was most helpful giving directions for my planned activities. Another great Best Western Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank AKLady469
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
The hotel was recently remodeled and has that brand new feel. I am very happy we were able to help getting you to your activities while here in fairbanks. We hope to see you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Best Western Pioneer Inn in Fairbanks, Alaska was terrific! The staff was helpful, friendly and efficient. Our room was beautiful and updated with an extremely comfortable bed. We highly recommend this particular Best Western to travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay and posting your review for others. Thank you and I hope you get to come back to Fairbanks and stay with us again.
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Overall this was a good place to stay. It is nestled in a wooded area that is very quiet. There were no major streets around. The staff was helpful and accomodating. The rooms were clean and tidy. The cleaning staff did not mess with any of my personal gear. The only issue I had was there was no water pressure which made showering a timely thing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you had an issue with water pressure. I would appreciate you contacting us so we could look into this issue so it does not reoccur. We hope you get to stay with us again.
Saint John, Indiana
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The location of this hotel is a little out of the way, but the appears to be completely remodeled and was very nice. The rooms were very spacious and was very comfortable for sleeping. The large breakfast selection was a bonus we didn't count on. Overall a great experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, is certainly is very helpful to us when guests post their comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed in hotels/B&B's in Ketchikan, Juneau, Soldotna, Anchorage, Danali, and Copper Center over an 18 day period. The room was the nicest of the group, including rooms in 3 hotels that cost (at least) twice as much. And the staff was wonderful, too!

2 Thank BWS_13
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review and I am extremely happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you are able to return and visit us again.