“Good Place to stay in Fairbanks”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Went to Fairbanks to see the Ice Festival. This Best Western is in an excellent location - within a half mile of the ice park. Plus, easy access to restaurants and stores. The room was very nice and comfortable. And the hot breakfast provided most foods for any type breakfast - waffles, eggs, toast, etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Clean large room with 2 queen beds. Could use more wattage in the lamps, as it was quite dark, especially in the bathroom. The breakfast service was very slow, i.e., items would continually run out, and refill would take forever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry192
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is affordable and very nice. It looks like it is new or was remodeled recently. The staff were all very friendly. The pool looks nice. Morning breakfast is a nice touch. I would stay here again. The car is a little out of the way so be sure to have a rental car.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I took my fiancé to Fairbanks for a long weekend for her birthday. We had read about the recommendations for this hotel and thought it would be a nice place to stay. Once we arrived the staff was nice enough and did have flowers out as I had asked for, but after that the troubles started. The King suite we were in at first did not have a working bathroom, so they moved us across the hall to another one. Which I thought was ok, but then I started to look around the room. The fire alarm was open and hanging from the ceiling, which one would think is not a good thing. The heat lamp in the bathroom just had a standard bulb in it, which defeated the purpose of a heat lamp system. The internet was in the range of dial up and took forever for us to plan our outings in the Fairbanks area. After the first day we came back to our room which the door had been left propped open by the cleaning staff who appeared to have forgotten to shut it. After a few frantic moments of making sure none of our belongings had been stolen, we noticed that they had also forgotten to give us new towels or to put a new garbage bag in the garbage bin. After that day I had to ask for new towels daily and the garbage was never removed and I had to ask for a new roll of toilet paper. Beyond that the bed was fine, but the lack of continues cleaning or basic things was highly disappointing for how much I spent for a King suite with a whirlpool.

2  Thank Chase M
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I really hated this place! Nice rooms, but staff is incompetent, wanted to charge me an extra $25.00 above my already payed for room. I told them "that was a deal breaker I booked my room online and that was the price I was going to pay." The manager came out and fixed the situation but had to charge me $1.00 extra hahaha I still don't understand the logic. The internet is the slowest I've seen since dial-up and loses connection quickly. I really wish I had just spent the night at the airport!

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher R
ChenaRivergm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The fee is standard hold placed on the card that is returned upon checkout, we do that for all our guests whether or not they booked online.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked the Jacuzzi Suite here as a weekend getaway for me and my partner. The hotel was a short cab ride away. Check in was quick and painless.The room itself was in the perfect location on the top floor at the very end of the hall, had a very nice view and was spotless. Best quality for the price paid, would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Jessica N

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I love coming here. The people are just fantastic and the hotel isn't bad either. I have stayed here many times and have never had a problem. The beds are really comfortable and I sleep very well. I don't hear noises from the other rooms like I do in most hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.