“A terrific hotel ~ I would definitely repeat.”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Denver, Colorado
“A terrific hotel ~ I would definitely repeat.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed at this Best Western for 3 nights in February of this year and really enjoyed it. The rooms were of good size, clean, modern and a great value. I believe the hotel was renovated within the last year.
The staff was warm, friendly and most helpful. I thought the breakfast was above average especially considering it was included with the room. The hotel sits slightly off the main road in a nice wooded area but is still really close to anything you want to do in Fairbanks. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dejablue17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
flagstaff, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

AVOID THIS HOTEL. August 2014, my husband and I stayed here and it was the worst experience I have had in my life at a hotel. This hotel has a known mechanical malfunction with their ac system (it causes loud noises throughout the night), and they have no plan to fix it. Their resolution was to put us in a queen size room that was just too small, and we still had the noise of the elevator. The next night they put us in another room with the same noise again, adding to further grievance. The manager was a complete waste of time, not helpful, uncaring, and not even competent with his computer operation/reservation system. I tried to contact the owner but did not receive an answer. Oh, and I did not appreciate being abandoned at the desk by the staff to take a photo for another patron. This was extremely disrespectful.

Fyi you may ask yourself would the noise end if you just turn off the ac, the answer is no, due to the system issue, the entire hotel would have to not use the ac unit for the noise in the walls to stop.

Room Tip: don't go during the summer when ac is in use due to the noise problem from the ac pipes in the w...
1 Thank Jennifer K
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was super impressed with my 2 stays here.

I stayed 3 nights last week, went to Denali National Park, then returned to this hotel today before my air departure from Fairbanks. The rooms are clean, spacious and nicely appointed. The beds are very comfortable. I thought that possibly the hotel was new, but when I inquired, I found out that it was renovated 3 years ago after purchase from another hotel chain. The Wifi Internet was fast and free. The breakfasts, standard fare for the free breakfast in this category of hotel. The coffee was nice and hot, there were eggs and a meat every day, as well as a make your own waffle grill along with standard continental items. A bonus --something I had not seen elsewhere, was fresh peaches and nectarines mixed in with the fresh apples and bananas (it was August).

The front desk was very helpful suggesting attractions in Fairbanks as well as restaurants. On our return visit, I asked for an early check in, because I wanted to grab several hours of sleep before our 1 am flight to Seattle. They were happy to clean a room early for me and allow me to check into it, several hours before normal check in time. (Thank you Jane at the front desk.)

Finally, when we we doing laundry, there was a backlog in the laundry room. When Lori from housekeeping saw us standing there waiting for a drier, she allowed us to use the commercial driers that were in housekeeping's "sheets and towels" facility. That drier was huge and powerful -- and dried our load in 20 minutes. It was a very kind gesture on her part and I think the reflects the character of the entire Best Western Plus Pioneer Park.

We are coming back to take photos of the Northern Lights and this will be our hotel of choice!

1 Thank adongeorge
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The outside of the hotel is pretty deceiving. It doesn't look like it would be amazing but once you get inside, it was a whole new world. The reception staff were friendly and the room was very nice. Breakfast was okay but nice since it was complementary. The hotel is extremely close to most of the attractions but hidden in the woods, so it was away from traffic and noise. All in all, I would definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 924kyleg
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Room exceptionally good, breakfast adequate and nice to see changing hot items from day to day, quiet location made rest easy. Took advantage of laundry facilities--good quality but not cheap. Over a 30 day overland trip to Alaska this place ranks as best motel value we experienced. If in Fairbanks would definitely consider this place again. Note: closed pool not a factor for us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank donaldn223
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here and were somewhat satisfied. Clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Off the beaten path, but close to everything. The down sides were that the pool was closed. I see earlier reviews indicated the same thing, so pool has been non functional for quite a while. All the room doors slam shut violently, so sleeping is comprised. The breakfast area is very cramped and makes getting breakfast stressful for all.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank William L
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed a week and a half into a trip driving to and around Alaska with a small tent as my lodging. I'm not young and was VERY ready for a real bed. The young lady at the front desk (Heather?) was great with the customers in line in front of me (BW has a breakfast in lobby. These people needed to leave before breakfast would begin so she happily offered to have sack breakfasts ready for them even asking for their choices of fruit and yogurt flavors). I got the last room. It was very clean and was quiet. It's located in a wooded undeveloped park. I didn't see any restaurants within walking distance but Heather (?) gave me recommendations for restaurants and a map so I could easily find them. I don't know that I'll ever be in Fairbanks again but if I am, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo