“Clean Mid-Level Motor-Inn”
Review of Super 8 Fairbanks

Super 8 Fairbanks
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'm not kidding, the staff here was top-notched. Every answer was "Yes, we can do that for you." Rooms were clean and fixtures in good repair. This is a mid-priced (Alaska summer = $$$) motel so I don't expect much but this more than adequate...and the service still stands out in my mind, thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay and happy to hear the staff made such a great impression on you. Hope the rest of your visit to Alaska was as good.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Fairbanks

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked a room with 1 king bed as it was only a little more than the basic room with 1 queen bed. I have a bit of trouble getting my head around paying $150 a night at a Super 8, but it is Alaska in the summer. That being said, I was quite happy with the room. The furnishings seemed rather new. The bed and the upholstered chairs were quite comfortable. It was a non-smoking room and it did not smell of smoke. I could not say the same for the hall and I would have to suspect a smoking room would have been pretty bad. The black out curtains did their job

The building is a standard issue Super 8, no elevator if that is an issue. It's dead easy to find from the airport. It is about a half a mile from the Carlson Center and would be a good chose if you are in town for an event at the center. The route to the center is relatively pedestrian friendly, at least during the summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay. I am very happy you enjoyed our king suites Thank you

Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Jelani B

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This place is in need of a remodel. The carpets in the place were just plain nasty. The bathroom were just ok. The beds were ok. The breakfast was really basic. I would not recommend this place especially at the 110. + price. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank hlyness

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your concern. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your comments help us to improve. Thank you

Reviewed 1 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Robert V
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a prime example of the lowered standards you'll find in Alaska. Stinky old and worn out. 1980's accommodations with 2014 prices.

The room smelled like a jock strap- I'm not exaggerating. It was horrible. It was the only room left, and I desperately needed sleep. In any other situation I would have demanded another room, but due to this being the last room available had no option.

No refrigerator. No microwave. Just a table, desk, and prison issue mattress & hard pillow.

Pictures are screwed to the wall (through the frame).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 907REVIEWS

We do offer deluxe non smoking rooms that offer flat screen TVs as well as king non smoking suites that offer fridges and microwaves. if you do stay in Fairbanks again please make your reservations ahead of time and request a deluxe room.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here when there was no other room in town and at least the front desk gave us their last room which was a smoker's room and we were warned that it was a smoky and smelly room. So we were forewarned on that but its better then sleeping in the truck that night around midnight. So I am not going to judge the motel by that since we were forewarned.

On the whole, the room wasn't bad as I thought. It was clean as it could be, AC works well, the bathroom was clean and bed was pretty comfortable. The mattress was bit on the weak side. The coffee machine was this tiny thing and they were still using analog TV set. The carpet was clean but it had serious amount of burnt cigarette marks on the floor, especially between two beds.

My friend who made the reservation while we ate at Denny's next door didn't care for the staff who was taking the reservation at midnight. I should have just walk next door and done it personally. Man I talked to was pretty diplomatic and polite but the woman he talked to, was upsetting him considerably.

On the whole, this is a motel that badly needs upgrading and its rather overpriced for what you are getting.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms at all cost unless you have no choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends