The Aurora Express is a truly unique experience in Fairbanks, Alaska. Located slightly out of town, this bed and breakfast is made up of seven train cars, located on a piece of track. Sue, the owner, had a dream where her grandmother told her to buy the train cars, once Sue followed her Grandmother's other-worldly suggestion, she decided to make each train car into rooms for a b & b. There is a locomotive in the front that everyone can explore. followed by a genuine Pullman car that Sue has outfitted for families. The next couple of cars each have two individual rooms, outfitted with queen beds. We stayed in the "Immaculate Conception" room, which was decorated with angels, stained glass, two church chairs, etc. There is a bordello room that is decorated ala Gold Rush bordello days. The dining car is where breakfast is served, Sue and Mike are extremely cordial hosts, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone! If you are looking for T.V. and internet then stay in a motel down in town, it you want an unusual and enjoyable experience, then this is the place to stay in Fairbanks! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thanks so much, Sue and Mike, and give LaRue (the resident dog) some belly rubs for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aurora Express is a bed and breakfast nestled amongst towering spruce in the western hills of Fairbanks, Alaska. Overlooking the mighty Tanana River and the Alaska Range, this unique property has a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings. Sleep in authenic Alaska Railroad trains that have been renovated to reflect the gold rush era of the north. Join hosts Susan and Michael Wilson for Copper River smoked salmon, wild alaskan blueberry jam, fresh fruit, hot coffee and eggs every morning while you hear their stories about life in territorial Alaska and working the pipeline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Aurora Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forget-Me-Not Lodge And The Aurora Express Hotel Fairbanks
- The Aurora Express Fairbanks, Alaska