We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
Riverbend Log Cabins & Cottage Rentals
Ranked #6 of 41 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thank you Debi and Bruce for a wonderful retreat. Your cottages (log cabins) are absolutely beautiful and we could not have asked for more. Miss Molly was a real treat for us and touched our hearts with her playfull antics. We hardily recommend this as a primary destination for all travelers who wish to experience a real Alaskan retreat in a beautiful, peaceful, and comfortable setting wilderness setting. We literally melted into the soft pillow topped beds each night. The walks along the river, with all their wilderness splendor, were a delight. Debi, your taste in decorations are outstanding! We look forward to our next visit in March of 2014.

Room Tip: Choose any cabin....and you have made an excellent choice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat F

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had such a blast staying at Debi and Bruce's cozy cabin! The property sits on a gorgeous garden RIGHT next to the Chena river, So peaceful and tucked away. We were able to meet their cute puppy, Molly while picking fresh produce from their well kept garden. Debi and Bruce also insisted us to use their two person kayak!! They dropped us off a little ways up stream in their truck and saw us off to mosey down the river. We saw many beavers, they were so cute!

We highly recommend staying here on this lovely property!
It's an experience you will never forget!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed in the Sourdough Cabin which is clean and very nice decorated with everything you need for self catering. Perfect location between Fairbanks and Northpole in beautiful and quiet surroundings.

Room Tip: The Sourdough and Chinook cabin mainly differ in their size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OreoReeses
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had an unforgettable stay at Riverbend Log Cabins. The Chinook cabin was perfect! It was just like being at home.

I came to image the aurora. I wanted to be able to walk outside and photograph. Your location was just what I wanted. I could have photographed from the balcony but I chose to walk a short way to the river and image from the river. What a beautiful view. Trees along the edge of the river and open sky above. A perfect balance.

The owners went the extra mile to help me run time-lapse photography. They showed me where the power was, then lent me an extension cord to get where I wanted to set up. My equipment sat outside all five nights and I never worried about it.

If that wasn't enough, one night they filled the fire ring and started a fire for me. For an hour I had the earth and sky all to myself. I have always wanted to sit by the firelight at night in Alaska. It was so much fun when the owners and the other guests joined me. Friends, aurora and a warm fire. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thank you for making my stay incredible! I recommend your place to anyone traveling your way. It is perfect for aurora imaging, stargazing or just enjoying nature. I'm sure the summer is just as beautiful. I will be back!

Terry M.
Past President Astronomical League

Room Tip: Both cabins are beautiful. The Chinook cabin is larger.
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I and our daughter and son- in-law rented the Chinook cabin for a week. What a perfect choice! The location is close enough to Fairbanks to be convenient yet be out in the woods on the Chena River. Our hosts were fantastic. Debi had a lovely welcome basket waiting in our well appointed cabin making us feel like special guests. Bruce kept the fires going to warm the cabins, heat the sauna, and keep us warm by the fire pit! We were fortunate to see some spectacular northern lights right from our porch and the fire pit area. Bruce advised we drive a very short way down to a pull out on the flats where the entire sky danced in colors above us, amazing!!! Chena hot springs makes a great day trip, we enjoyed it twice. Debi recommended Muzzy's for a great dog sledding afternoon. It was definitely a highlight in our week! The cabins are beautiful, cozy, warm, and had everything we needed. We were able to sit at our breakfast table and watch moose bedded down next to the cabin! Thank you so much Bruce and Debi!! We would definitely stay at Riverbend again. I would love to your special place in the summer or autumn.

3  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed at Riverbend and absolutely are delighted we did. Our log cabin, Sourdough, was a one bedroom, clean, cozy, nicely laid out and well appointed. The second floor balcony overlooked the Chena River, forest AND open sky. Northern Lights viewing, steps from the cabin down by the river has chairs and a fire pit ready to go each evening. Standing on the frozen river, looking up at the sky and being able to return and warm up in the cabin was invaluable.

Our hosts, Bruce and Debi were warm and available. Debi lent me a pair of boots that kept my normally cold toes as warm as an oven. Without those boots I would not have had such a pleasant stay in Fairbanks. When we arrived late at night, 2 bagels, cream cheese, bananas, tea and coffee awaited us so breakfast could be had before running out for provisions.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank helayne2121
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We (family of 4) stayed at Riverbend in the Chinook cabin in March 2013. We were so impressed! The cabin is super comfortable and the location is perfect for aurora viewing. It is a quick trip into Fairbanks to see the sights there, pick up groceries, etc. We highly recommend Riverbend Log Cabins!!!

3  Thank dawn117