“Excellent location with attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Le Jolie

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Excellent location with attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've stayed here a couple times and I will definitely be back. The rooms have everything you need (including small fridge) and are very clean. The rooms are a bit tight, but this is NY. The staff are friendly and attentive. It seems there is always someone cleaning (including door frames!) and the breakfast area is immaculate. The hotel is an easy walk to Bedford and quick subway ride to the heart of Manhattan. The hotel is right next to a busy freeway but the double-paned windows work pretty well (light sleepers can ask for room facing away from freeway). Overall, an excellent deal for a hotel in a pricey city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing highway are noisier so light sleepers should request for rooms facing away from the hig...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank galaxy1
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello Galaxy1,
Thank you for taking your time to share your review on Trip Advisor! I’m glad to hear that we are everything you were looking for in a hotel and we will do our best to fulfill and go beyond every guest’s expectations. Even though our rooms are on the smaller side, we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel. I will make sure to forward your positive comments to all Team Members. I’m glad you found our hotel within an easy reach to all major points of interest. Hopefully, during your next trip we can impress you even more with an expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, a new fitness center and newly remodeled guest rooms!
Best Holiday Wishes ! From Urszula R at Hotel Le Jolie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

It's tucked away near an overpass. Don't be deceived by the exterior or the block...this neighborhood is great. Short, couple minute, walk from either the L or the G train. Just a little further to Bedford. Lots of restaurants and bars close by. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear MorganD
Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie! I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed exploring our neighborhood and found everything you need within minutes walk. We hope to see you soon so we can impress you not only with our improved outdoor appearance but also expanded Lobby and Breakfast area, new fitness center and newly remodeled guest rooms. Urszula R, Guest Service Manager at Hotel Le Jolie.
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just returned from spending six days at Mr. Patel's great hotel. Maybe our 12th stay. Although I didn't think they needed it, I see they are updating some of the bathrooms. Always clean, safe and comfortable. Nice people, nice place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear nwwisconsin,
Thank you so much for being our loyal guests! It is a great joy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations during your recent stay. I’m happy to inform you that all our bathrooms are now newly renovated which will be followed by completely remodeled guest rooms as well as an expanded Lobby and Breakfast area and a brand new onsite fitness center. Hope to see you soon !

Warm Regards,
Urszula R.
Guest Service Manager
Highland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed with other family members so we used 3 rooms and every one of them was great! The rooms were very nice and very clean. The staff was so helpful and made us feel so welcome.
We had some problems with parking since we were there over Thanksgiving weekend, but the front desk personal went out of their way to work out a solution for us. We would definitely return and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Diane F,
Thank you for staying in Hotel Le Jolie during your visit to Brooklyn, New York! I'm happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us ! Even though we offer complimentary parking on-site, it is limited and it's on the first come first served basis, so it cannot be guaranteed for all guests, however, all our Team Members always try to find best parking option for our guests. And there is always plenty of street parking in the nearby area at no cost.
Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip!
I'm looking forward to see you soon!

Pacific Palisades, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a first rate, comfortable, very clean and quiet hotel steps from the Lorimer Street subway in Williamsburg. At first the location appears daunting as it is mere yards from an adjacent highway -- BUT DON'T LET THAT DETER YOU! The windows are double-paned, and there is NO NOISE AT ALL. The beds are super comfortable, with fresh, crisp sheets and soft, delicious pillows. There's a flatscreen TV and a clean bathroom. I am a single woman, in my 60s, visiting my daughter who lives close by, and felt completely safe in the neighborhood. And I'm a tough sell -- I prefer the Four Seasons and The Regent, so trust me, I'm not a pushover. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here -- the staff is helpful, cheery ,informed and patient. The breakfast is standard and unimpressive, but there's a very nice woman who's there to take care of you, and you can watch CNN on the flatscreen as you munch on yoghurt and cereal. I'm coming back. :)

Room Tip: I suspect they're all the same, but my room had only a shower, not a tub.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Pkinggarcia,
Thank you so much for such a positive comments regarding your recent stay! Even though there is an elevated expressway just across the street from the front entrance, all our rooms are unbelievably quiet due to double soundproof windows. I'm pleased to inform you that all our bathrooms have been recently renovated to include a rain shower only. Moreover, we will soon expand our Breakfast and Lobby area to accommodate more seating arrangements and add some hot items. We will be also working on remodeling our guest rooms and creating an on-site fitness center !
Hope to see you next time !

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We first stayed at Le Jolie over Thanksgiving weekend one year ago. I posted a positive review at that time and want to report that one year later we are still impressed. I requested the same room as last year (503) and was delighted to find that the bathroom had been completely renovated. The tub had been removed and replaced by a spacious and attractive shower with a rain shower head. The sink and toilet had been magically reconfigured to allow for plenty of counter space and the door replaced with an ingenious, sliding panel which really helped to maximize the space in a very small bathroom. Whoever designed this bath renovation really did an amazing job.
Once again we enjoyed the friendly and efficient service by all staff. One gets the impression that people actually enjoy working here. We now consider Le Jolie as our base for all future visits to family in Williamsburg. We shall return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Withers Street side of the building are more quiet and there is a lovely view of Manhat...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear caesarsmum,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie once again during your Thanksgiving visit to Brooklyn, New York ! I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated bathrooms. This is actually just one of many improvements coming soon to Hotel Le Jolie - we will be also expanding Lobby and Breakfast area to accommodate more seating arrangements. All our guest rooms will be completely remodeled and we will also add a brand new on-site fitness center. Hope to see you next time!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

One evening during our stay it was pouring rain. The staff tried to locate us a car service to take us to my birthday dinner. Due to the rain none could be found. One member of the staff then offered to drive us herself so that I didn't miss my special celebration. That is truly going above and beyond!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Hello Brad B,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Le Jolie while visiting Brooklyn, New York ! We appreciate your positive comments and I'm glad that we were able to offer you an alternate transportation during rainy weather. We always try to accommodate any requests our guests have to make their stay as comfortable as possible ! Hope to see you next time !