“Stay Here!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Stay Here!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've been staying at the Hotel Le Jolie consistently for the past two years when I visit my children and grandchildren in Brooklyn. My only regret in writing this review is that it has taken me so long to do so. It is my pleasure to say that my experience with this fine hotel has been nothing but positive and, in many respects, exceptional.

The rooms are always well maintained, clean and very comfortable. The recent bathroom updates are great, which is no surprise given how thoughtful, helpful and engaged the entire staff is: guest services, front desk, housekeeping, and security. In fact, in addition to receiving the returning guest discount, when it can, management has upgraded my room as both recognition of my frequent stays and as a kind gesture -- something that does not go unappreciated!

The included breakfast is also excellent. I often have to leave the hotel before the official 7AM opening, and the preparing staff are unfailingly attentive, helping me grab a coffee or croissant to go. The safe parking is also a huge plus.

All in all, the Hotel Le Jolie has provided above and beyond comfort and I can't recommend it more highly! Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear MSH15,

Thank you for such a positive review and most of all for your continuous support and patronage towards Hotel Le Jolie! It is a combined effort of all our Team Members to provide more than excellent service to all our guests and I'm extremely happy that we have not disappointed you. I will share your comments with all our Team Members who made your stay memorable. It is my pleasure to inform you that the renovated bathrooms is just the beginning of many updates coming soon - expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast Area, on-site fitness center and newly renovated guest rooms.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us !

Best Regards
Urszula R,
Guest Service Manager
Hotel Le Jolie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Askersund, Sweden
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our stay at Hotel Le Jolie was wonderful. We stopped in early, dropped off our luggage, and our room was already ready. The room itself was modern though small, yet efficient. Everything was glowingly clean. Breakfast was simple but had options for every taste. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel itself was within walking distance of many cool Brooklyn establishments and just a few minutes from the East River Ferry which river crossing was a sheer delight. If we stay in Brooklyn again We will definitely pick Hotel Le Jolie!

Green Features: An eye for details in order to perform well in this aspect. Less plastics , more reusable items were on site.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Rijns,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time exploring our fascinating and vibrant neighborhood of Williamsburg. Hotel Le Jolie is an environment friendly hotel that involves recycling as well as conserving water and electricity during its daily operations. Hopefully we can see you during your next trip !

boston
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Although we usually travel from Boston to NYC by train, we needed to carry some equipment along on our recent business trip. Added to that complication, we needed to be in Williamsburg, a neighborhood with which we are less familiar. So, I scoured reviews and saw this hotel portrayed in positive light. When I saw a mention of free parking, I jumped.

We did find parking every day in the small adjacent lot. We also found a welcoming staff, headed by Ursula, immaculately attended rooms and open spaces, a lovely breakfast, and a quiet environment. Ursula phoned us just after check in to ask if everything suited: nice touch.

We will return and recommend the hotel to others. It made our business trip a more relaxed experience.

Room Tip: Do ask for rooms near rear of building for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear DocR,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! I'm happy that you found our complimentary parking convenient during your trip. We strive to provide excellent service to each and every guest and your positive comments made it worth that much more. Hopefully, we can welcome you next time with more exciting changes, that will include the expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area as well as an on-site fitness center and newly renovated guests rooms.
Please feel free to reach me directly when booking your next stay.

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Hotel LeJolie during a weekend trip to Brooklyn. The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from the main area of Bedford and convenient to the highway, which was nice. The hotel itself is fairly non-descript, but our room, with a king bed was perfect for our needs. Like many New York hotels, the room was tiny, but the bed was incredibly comfortable, which was very welcome after a long day of walking. The bathroom was clean and adequate with a nice shower (no tub). There is free coffee and tea available all day and the free breakfast downstairs was nice. Another nice feature for a hotel in New York, is that they had fee parking on site, so you can leave your car and forget about it without it costing an arm and a leg. Overall this was a nice quiet, comfortable hotel for a weekend visit. I expect we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room on the far side of the hotel not facing the highway.
1 Thank AdamZ031560
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear AdamZ031560,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Le Jolie during your recent trip to Brooklyn, New York ! Our rooms are on the smaller side like most of the New York hotels, but our central location in Williamsburg makes our hotel a top choice for many travelers. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we can welcome you again during your next visit. It is my pleasure to inform you that we will be improving the exterior as well the interior of the hotel, this will include expanded Breakfast and Lobby area, new on-site fitness center and newly renovated guest rooms. See you soon !

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in June of 2013. We arrived late at night, checked in and left early the next morning.

Every aspect of the hotel was as expected. It is a cheap, clean and reliable hotel in Brooklyn with easy access to Brooklyn and Manhattan (using a car).

If I were visiting NY as a tourist I would stay in the Downtown Brooklyn area (Duffield St) or in Manhattan but this was fine for a quick business trip in Brooklyn where we would be using car services and not public transportation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jeremy L,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie during your recent business trip to Brooklyn, New York ! Our hotel is in close proximity to major subway and bus lines as well as within an easy access just off the Brooklyn Queen Expressway I 'm happy that you didn't have any problems with the commute. We hope to see you next time while visiting Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our stay at Hotel Le Jolie was wonderful. We stopped in at 1pm to drop off our luggage, and our room was already ready. The room itself was modern and elegant, though small, with a massive King bed and wonderful mattress. Everything was immaculately, glowingly clean. The shower has room for two and a great "rain"-style showerhead. Two wide windows gave us a view of the Empire State Building and other NY landmarks in the distance. Breakfast was simple but had options for every taste, with especially good muffins. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The free parking was extremely convenient; the hotel itself was within walking distance of many cool Brooklyn establishments. If we stay in Brooklyn again I will definitely pick Hotel Le Jolie!

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room above the 4th floor, and do the upgrade for the King bed.
1 Thank Chris C
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Chris C,
Thank you for such a positive comment regarding your recent stay ! All our Team Members strive to provide exceptional service to each and every guest and I'm more than happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. I'm glad that you had an opportunity to stay in one of our Elite Rooms located on the higher floors and on the quiet side of the hotel with spectacular views of Manhattan skyline. It is my pleasure to inform you that all our bathrooms have been recently renovated which will soon be followed by more improvements such as : the expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, a brand new on-site fitness center and newly remodeled guest rooms. Hope to see you soon!

Warszawa
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, very cleaned rooms, helpful and friendly stuff, very well equipped bathroom. Breakfast included. Good location, close to Lorimer subway station. Two types room to choose. I recommend king size-its bigger. Dont take rooms from the side of highway-its noisy. From the other side of the hotel on the 6th floor great view on Manhattan. Some of the rooms have iPod Dock.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Joanna F,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie as accommodations during your trip to Brooklyn, New York. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your King size room quiet and comfortable. All our rooms have double sound proof windows making even the rooms facing the expressway surprisingly quiet.
Please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next stay !