“Cute hotel includes Buddha, not just Christian bible.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Le Jolie

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cute hotel includes Buddha, not just Christian bible.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Room: Single-sized beds! free bottled water. Small room, clean, tidy, newish hotel. Fridge and safe in room. Microwave in breakfast area can be used. Tea/coffee 24/7.

PARKING: Let them know in advance... 6 spots only.

Breakfast: Included in price. No hot food. Server will wear SAME gloves for trash AND for putting breads into boxes... Just sayin'.

Bathroom: Small, clean, quaint, although larger shower with water flow is from above.

Front desk personnel friendly and helpful if asked.

Ice in the basement. 2 computers for guest use in the lobby.

Room Tip: 204 faces parking lot. Doors to stairs slam shut, so not very quiet. Our room was not right next to...
Green Features: n/a. I read they are very "green," yet this is not visible (even though we are from Portland, OR hippy-land...) to guests.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Hello rustyferrel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. I'm happy that you had a great stay and felt welcomed by our Team Members. I'm pleased to inform you that we will have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new decor in all guest rooms !

Best Regards,
Hotel Le Jolie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Driving in from the expressway I missed the hotel several times because of its proximity to a construction site. I called the hotel and the desk clerk guided me in until I reached the hotel.

I arrived early because I did not want to get stuck in the Sunday NYC summer traffic. My room was not ready. I was offered breakfast and tea with a smile. When the room was ready, I looked at it and asked if I could change to one with a view of Manhattan- the answer was yes for an additional fee. I said I wanted to move and once again they prepared yet another room this time the wait would be a little longer. So I took a drive to visit friends and family in Queens. When I returned at 5pm the parking lot looked full. I went inside and the desk clerk came outside with me to guide me in to the last remaining slot. She also called someone to help me unload my bags.

The room was small with updated furniture and amenities. I walked to the window and it was an almost perfect view of the Manhattan skyline. I felt energized!

I left the car in the lot and walked to a nearby cinema. The movie was over by 9pm but it looked like the locals were just getting started. There were long lines at restaurants and some bars.

This was one of my best hotel stay experiences in New York. The hotel service is one of the best I have personally witnessed in some time. The location in Brooklyn and proximity to Manhattan and Queens can't be beat.

Hot tip: use Booking.com to get a discounted rate. Try to get on the 7th floor on the Manhattan side for the best views. The 6th floor was good but I could not clear a few roofs for the photos.

Stayed July 2014
Dear JDRolle R,

I'm happy that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our Elite Room with Manhattan view. All our Team Members strive to provide a personalized customer service to each and every guest and I'm glad that we have achieved which made your stay one of a kind. We hope to see you again when traveling to Brooklyn.

Best Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I was so scared to come to New York with my brother but the moment we got to the hotel it was so peaceful and we showed up 5 hours before checkin but they did everything possible to give us at least one of our rooms in 2 hrs and they did. I also asked for both rooms to be across from each other and they did so. I also had to add 2 extra nights and they did everything possible to keep us in the same rooms and they gave us a great discount also. Over all for the 4 nights I was there the price I paid was perfect! The staff was so wonderful and Ruby was one of the girls there who was just amazing also and so nice. I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2014
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Krystal P,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie as accommodations during your trip to Brooklyn, New York !
It is great to hear that you had a great time in our hotel and our Team Members, especially Ruby, did everything in their power to make your stay unforgettable. I will relay your positive comments to everyone at Hotel Le Jolie and we hope to see you soon !

Best Regards,
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

easy to get to by car and the have parking. Hotel is within walking distance of every place we wanted to Visit in Brooklyn and the subway to NYC is right there too. Cant go wrong here. And right out the back door is a great old school Italian restaurant that was used in some Sopranos scenes. Ive stayed here multiple times and this will always be my go to hotel in NYC/Brooklyn

Room Tip: the upgraded room has a great view of the NYC night skyline. beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doak88
Dear doak88,
Thank you for sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor users! I'm happy to learn that you had nothing but an amazing time and found it easy to commute to Manhattan. Bamonte's Restaurant that is located next to our hotel has been a landmark of this neighborhood since 1900's and is a must-see for everyone visiting Williamsburg.
We are hoping to impress you next time with our soon to be renovated guest rooms, expanded Lobby and Breakfast area and a new on-site fitness center !

Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my 4th stay with Hotel Le Jolie, and I was not disappointed. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Ruby was efficient and helped me find the right discount! The young woman who keeps the breakfast area going is a wonder. The room was clean and very comfortable. The subway is an easy walk and cars always arrive in just a few.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing highway are quieter. Those on higher floors have a better city view on that side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank conreq
Dear conreq,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Le Jolie once again ! I'm pleased to hear that all of our Team Members especially Ruby, were so helpful during your stay. Knowing that you had an amazing experience yet again, it's worth that much more! I would like to inform you that we will be undergoing much anticipated upgrades of the interior and exterior of our hotel - starting with expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, followed by new decor in all guest rooms and on-site fitness center.

Warm Regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here for 5 nights. The location is perfect and you get the chance to blend in with the locals in Williamsburg which has great restaurant and bars. Also, don't miss the Saturday morning food market, Smorgasburg. The subway to Manhattan is a 5-minute walk away. The staff at Le Jolie is extremely friendly and helpful. We found the air condition unit in our original room too noisy. The staff apologised and quickly offered for us to move rooms, which we did and the noise level was much better.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Borta
Dear Borta,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Jolie ! I'm glad to hear that you had a great time exploring our vibrant neighborhood of Williamsburg with countless restaurants, bars and cafes just steps away from the hotel. Please rest assured that we have already replaced the AC unit in the room you originally stayed. Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new decor in all guest rooms !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for a trip we planned to New York City, and it was great! It was very clean, the service was excellent and the location was perfect. There is a subway stop about a block from the hotel and once you get on there is only 4 stops until you connect to the ACE to go into town. There was good cable, with HBO, Starz, etc.. and the breakfast was awesome. There was free coffee all day and free water in my room. This will definitely be where I will stay next time I go to New York.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Emily M
Dear Emily M,

Thank you for this great review! We strive to provide an excellent and comfortable stay to each and every guest and to hear that we achieved just that brings a great joy to all Team Members!
We are looking forward to seeing you again!