“Excellent customer service!”
Review of Hotel Le Jolie

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2010

EXCELLENT service! The people at the front desk were amazing! From an early check out, printing subway routes, food recommendations and a no charge late check out!
Le Jolie has free WiFi but if you don't want to lug your laptop they have a computer for guests to use. They also offer a nice continental breakfast before 11am.
The hotel is small (the building in general is small, as well as the rooms and bathrooms) but the accommodations are very nice. I was a bit timid about a twin size bed but it was so COZY! Down covers and pillows .. I took a great nap right when we first arrived. The flat screen TV was also very nice and the IPOD adapter came in handy.
Although the hotel is located in what appears to be a sketchy neighborhood it is actually really cute! Williamsburg is a very young, trendy neighborhood- you just actually need to walk into the center. I love this hotel because it is so quiet and right across the street from the subway station. We paid a lot less for a very nice hotel here then if we stay in Times Square, Manhattan, etc.
This hotel is also located RIGHT off the highway, so it was SO easy to get there by driving. They also offer free parking (and even though the spots are limited- right across the street under the bridge is ample free parking)
Ask the front desk how to get to Kellogg's diner- a couple blocks away- it was delish!
I will most defiantly stay here again when I ho back to NYC.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Dear nmlebedeff,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We will share your comments with our team, who certain will be encouraged by your remarks. We are glad you were able to enjoy the merits of our location and hope to welcome you soon again at Hotel Le Jolie.
Best Regards,
Hotel Le Jolie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed 8 April 2010

My husband and I discovered the newly opened Hotel Le Jolie on a trip to Brooklyn a couple of years ago and had the pleasure of staying there again recently. It is a great deal and a jewel of a hotel! Rates are affordable for New York (especially if booked on-line in advance), with breakfast included, free internet, and free parking (parking space on the hotel property is limited, but there is plenty of free parking across the street under the elevated expressway). The rooms are small but nicely appointed, with high quality sheets and bedding, marble bathrooms and nice toiletries, iPod hook-ups, and large, flat-screen televisions. The staff is courteous and very helpful. I have heard that bedbugs are now epidemic in New York--even in expensive, top-name hotels--but no worries about that in this new, clean facility! It is located close to restaurants, shopping, and parks in the Williamsburg-Greenpoint-Bushwick neighborhoods of Brooklyn, is just 15 minutes by cab from LaGuardia, and is next to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway for easy access. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip, and I definitely recommend it to others!!!

1  Thank WVDreaming

Dear WVDreaming,
Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Taking the time to write a review never goes unnoticed and is much appreciated. We thank you once again for your positive feedback and do hope to welcome you soon again at Hotel Le Jolie.
Best regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2010

Convenient location in Williamsburg, 2 subway stops from Manhattan. Upgraded to a great 5th floor room with a view of Manhattan. Very comfortable room, pleasant staff who were eager to please guests. Could not recommend more highly!

Dear pru315,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are pleased to hear that you felt comfortable in your room overlooking Manhattan and that you enjoyed all the amenities. It's great to hear that you found our location to be an easy commute to Manhattan.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

I recently stayed at Hotel Le Jolie for the second time, which was must as good as the first. It is brand new inside with lovely decor in the rooms, new bathrooms and a very cheery breakfast room with pleasant help. The reception staff is likewise helpful and friendly. A great find!

Dear Liza49,
Your compliments for our staff are most appreciated! We will be happy to welcome you back and to provide you again with a first class service. Hotel Le Jolie continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation and it is a great pleasure to receive positive feedbacks.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Perfect place from which to visit & tour-- in both Brooklyn and Manhattan. My daughter sent me the link & the hotel exceeded all of my expectations. GREAT rooms w/ calm, chic decor & accessories. Fantastic bath, VERY clean. And free parking! With the savings from parking fees in other hotels, I splurged on car service & taxis. And last but not least...the window opens; an amenity which I generally search for in vain.

After reading the reviews here & speaking to management (always pleasant and responsive), I chose the higher-priced queen facing away from the expressway and towards the skyline: a direct view of the Empire State Building!

Hotel Le Jolie is a jewel.

Dear MidwestHeartland,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our Team Members. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2010

Although I've been to New York many times, this was my first time staying in Brooklyn - I'm delighted I did and especially that I chose Hotel Le Jolie. The rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. The beds were great and there was plenty of storage for clothes, etc. And the hotel staff couldn't have been more courteous, responsive and helpful.
Location-wise, it's excellent, close to the BQE and subway and only a few minutes from Manhattan, as well as being convenient to JFK by subway. You're right in the centre of Williamsburg, which means you're virtually falling over great restaurants and bars for all budgets and occasions.
I can't say enough good things about Hotel Le Jolie and its staff, it's excellent value for money. Definitely my first choice in NYC from now on.

Dear redheadwalking,
Thank you very much for your positive review and for staying at the Hotel Le Jolie during your trip to Brooklyn, NY! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed an impeccable service and thank you for your very kind words for the members of our team.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Le Jolie several times. The hotel is clean and safe, which are my two most important criteria. The rooms, while not spacious, are outfitted with style and class. The staff is universally friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served in a cozy mezzanine loft, and the staff is conscientious. The front desk people are attentive and accommodating. The whole atmosphere is lovely; when we are there, the staff acknowledges that we are “regulars”. I will confess the elevator is sometimes slow, but the staircases are clean and easy to climb. We will be back to stay at the Hotel Le Jolie every time we visit our family in Brooklyn.

Dear skileyheck,
We are very flattered with your comments! It is a pleasure for us to hear a compliment from our repeat guest. Please visit us again as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie: expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms!