“I'd stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“I'd stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

I have never traveled to NY before and really wasn't sure what to expext. Upon my arrival I realized in NY City you can not judge a book by it's cover anywhere.

The rooms were very clean. Our room was cozy and nicely decorated. You can tell someone put thought into details of the room. Extra touches of nicely folded linen to
roughly 7 different personal soaps, lotins, mothwash etc. that is in your room.

Staff is very friendly especially Crisselle ( not exact spelling ). subway is about 2-3 blocks away. Highway is near by as well. Breakfast has a vary good variety to offer. There is also
coffee juice microwave available.

Late check out is nice 12 Noon.

Bamonte's restaurant is just a minute walk if you like true Italian food this is a must!
Closed Tuesdays.

TV is on satelite make sure the botton / switch is all the way to the left. Otherwise you will not get any TV.

Showers are nice and hot and towles are big and thirsty.

Enjoy your stay in NY and plan ahead for shows, site seeings etc. This is amust for certian attractions plan months ahead of time if possible to get passes etc.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Dear Buy2TicketsDotCom,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We are delighted to see your very kind compliments on our service and facilities and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hotel Le Jolie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Amherst, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

First the positives: near my son's apt.,great beds, shower, big screen t.v.
The staff was friendly
After driving 51/2 hours to get there I was looking forward to a comfortable nap-could hear every word of conversation of the guests next door, their tv could be heard above my own.
Next morning I bent down to pick up what I thought was a brown piece of paper- it was a large bug! Gross....
Last morning there I was looking forward to sleeping late before my long drive back but was woken up at 7 am by the t.v. in the next room and again I could even identify and hear what they were watching.
When I told the staff at checkout they apologized and gave me my ($9 food fee for free! (How generous) The rooms are so overpriced for what they actually are.
They also waved my $75 dollar fee for returning from brunch 45 minutes later than checkout- They had removed my bags from my room when I got back- no one was in the room cleaning and the next check-in wasn't until 3:00. It's a good thing they did because I never would have paid for that after leaving a hotel exhausted because I couldn't sleep.
In all my years traveling I have never heard guests and t.v. next door- even in the least expensive ones I could find.
Extremely disappointed....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jcc129
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear jcc129,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and did not get good sleep due to the guests next door. We try our best to provide each and every guest with an ultimate comfort and I'm really sad that we failed to do that while you were staying at our hotel. We advise all our guests to call down to front desk with any questions or concerns and I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed right away, but I hope that you will give us another chance to improve by choosing our hotel during another trip. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit and I will be more than happy to offer you a great discount with a complimentary upgrade.

Best Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

Our stay at Le Jolie was cozy and accomodating, just the perfect little hotel to stay at near Manhattan. The staff was very friendly and smily, something I didn't expect at first so I was very happy customer. The room itself was very small but the beds and bedding itself were so comfy and let me relax just like at home. It was clean, fuly furnished with a stylish modern flair. My only complaint is that the TV would not turn on, other than that it is the perfect place to stay if you want to be close to Manhattan for the weekend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Dear kaleman85 ,

Thank you for this great review! We strive to provide an excellent and comfortable stay to each and every guest and to hear that we achieved just that brings a great joy to all Team Members! Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms !

Best Regards
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

Our second visit to Le Jolie. It's a relatively new hotel, 7 stories, only about 50 rooms and right up against the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. The rooms are small, but about what is to be expected in NYC. They are well equipped, flat screen TV, comfortable mattresses and nice linens. The first visit we were on the second floor exactly opposite the traffic on the raised expressway. You can hear some noise, but it is better than many street side rooms in Manhattan, and will not interfere with sleep, unless you are a very light sleeper. This visit we were on the opposite side and on the sixth floor. Oddly the noise was about the same, audible but not bothersome. The view was better, but I'm not sure I will bother to upgrade again. Parking is free. The "L" train is 2 blocks away and excursions to Manhattan by subway are easy. Pastries, cereal, juice, fruit and coffee are available from 6 to 10 AM. The staff is helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 11 November 2014
Dear Niezatycze,

Thank you for returning to Hotel Le Jolie for another pleasant stay! It brings true joy to all our Team Members to hear that we have provided you with an utmost hotel experience.

rhode island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

We booked over 10 rooms for the wedding of my son. Everyone thought the rooms were comfortable and that the staff was very accomodating. I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Dear Jiddo,
We would like to thank you for the kind review. We are very pleases that you have chosen us for such a special event! We are pleased that you and your guests enjoyed the style and atmosphere of our hotel. We hope to have you back as our guests again soon.
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

The rooms are pretty big and bed comfy but I think for the price it's not the value that i thought it was after reading these reviews. Sure, we have to remember it's in NYC but you are a good 10 minute walk to Bedford st - the main street in Williamsberg and you are amongst warehouses, and unattractive urban sprawl. The subway is very close so it's not a bad spot for exploring. The doors are extremely loud and slam a lot which is not great if you are trying to sleep in. The wifi is terrible although there is a computer and printer provided for free which is great. The breakfast is good and the hotel is very clean. There aren't a lot of food options close by so take that into account. The reception staff try their hardest but they aren't really warm unfortunately, which is where this hotel could really shine. We've stayed in big hotels a lot and you have to fight to get to the concierge, whereas the reception staff were always accessible at Le Jolie but they didn't add anything to the experience. Williamsberg is a great place to go out and has a few nice restaurants but it's the proximity to the subway that's probably the best thing about the hotel, along with the nice rooms.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Oz2_10,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable, however it looks like we failed to provide you with the exceptional customer service during your stay. Please rest assured that we have been working on that aspect since then and improved quite a lot. We will be also updating our wi-fi network in upcoming weeks. Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms !

FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed at Hotel Jolie during the Christmas holidays.
I came from Florida to visit my son and his wife; who are expecting my first Grandchild.
I was so pleasantly surprised. Wonderful room accomodations. Bed was fabuolus.
They staff is great and friendly. And very clean.
Breakfast bar was well stocked with lots of good muffins,cereal, etc.
I would recommend Hotel Jolie to anyone staying in Williamsburg. Close to everything.
Fabulous Italian restaurant right next door.
Stay there for a treat.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Dear mrskkb,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to celebrate this special event over the Holidays! We are glad you found our services and our hotel location very convenient. Your compliments to our staff as well for the hotel itself are great motivation for all of our Team Members.