“exceptional value and convenient to downtown Manhattan"”
Review of Hotel Le Jolie

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spencer, NY
“exceptional value and convenient to downtown Manhattan"”
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We were pleased with the hotel in every regard. The staff was helpful and courteous. The breakfast was wholesome and nutritious. There is no restaurant except for the complimentary breakfast area but it was easy walking distance to good restaurants and a five minute walk to the subway and just minutes from downtown Manhattan. We have a son who lives nearby and we definitely will be staying there again. The rates were much better than elsewhere and we were very pleased with our stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Dear Aiden72,
We are proud to say that we are home away from home for many parents visiting their children who moved to Williamsburg and all our Team Members strive to provide an ultimate comfort for each and every guest. We hope to have you back as our guests again soon!
Hotel Le Jolie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 May 2010

My husband and I took our first trip to NYC both for our anniversary and to visit family, and are so glad we stayed at Hotel Le Jolie. The amenities were beautiful and the staff were some of the friendliest people we encountered throughout our trip - they assisted us with the subway map several times and asked how we were enjoying our trip every time we passed by the front desk. It was a nice, quiet and relaxing place - a great way to end our exciting, yet exhausting, days exploring NY. We could not hear any outside noise, despite the hotel's proximity to the BQE, and being inside the building itself was very peaceful. Being just a couple of blocks to the "L" made getting to and from Manhattan a cinch. The continental breakfast was quite pleasant, and having fresh coffee and hot tea available all day was a plus as well! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place that offers a little something extra, and the care taken to provide that shows.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear teamenj,
It is comforting to know that people in the area acknowledge and entrust their family memebrs in our care. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Admittedly, when you pull up it doesn't look like much, but inside the rooms and service are definitely four star. The rooms are incredibly comfortable. The complementary breakfast is outstanding. The location is perfect, right in the heart of Williamsburg. I plan on staying here from now on when i travel to NYC.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dear bennyprofane,
Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel during your trip to Brooklyn, NY! We are glad you found our services and our hotel location very convenient and hope to welcome you back soon.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights in April. While small, the rooms are very clean with nice amenities. The complimentary breakfast is excellent, and I awoke every morning to the smell of fresh-brewed coffee. Excellent staff, and very helpful. It is right next to the BQE, so there is some noise if you're on the expressway side of the building. This is an excellent place to stay for close access to Williamsburg and Greenpoint. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice in Brooklyn!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Dear Samia1010,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Le Jolie and thank you for staying with us.
Hotel Le Jolie continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation and it is a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Best Regards,
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I have never traveled to NY before and really wasn't sure what to expext. Upon my arrival I realized in NY City you can not judge a book by it's cover anywhere.

The rooms were very clean. Our room was cozy and nicely decorated. You can tell someone put thought into details of the room. Extra touches of nicely folded linen to
roughly 7 different personal soaps, lotins, mothwash etc. that is in your room.

Staff is very friendly especially Crisselle ( not exact spelling ). subway is about 2-3 blocks away. Highway is near by as well. Breakfast has a vary good variety to offer. There is also
coffee juice microwave available.

Late check out is nice 12 Noon.

Bamonte's restaurant is just a minute walk if you like true Italian food this is a must!
Closed Tuesdays.

TV is on satelite make sure the botton / switch is all the way to the left. Otherwise you will not get any TV.

Showers are nice and hot and towles are big and thirsty.

Enjoy your stay in NY and plan ahead for shows, site seeings etc. This is amust for certian attractions plan months ahead of time if possible to get passes etc.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Buy2TicketsDotCom,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We are delighted to see your very kind compliments on our service and facilities and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2010

First the positives: near my son's apt.,great beds, shower, big screen t.v.
The staff was friendly
After driving 51/2 hours to get there I was looking forward to a comfortable nap-could hear every word of conversation of the guests next door, their tv could be heard above my own.
Next morning I bent down to pick up what I thought was a brown piece of paper- it was a large bug! Gross....
Last morning there I was looking forward to sleeping late before my long drive back but was woken up at 7 am by the t.v. in the next room and again I could even identify and hear what they were watching.
When I told the staff at checkout they apologized and gave me my ($9 food fee for free! (How generous) The rooms are so overpriced for what they actually are.
They also waved my $75 dollar fee for returning from brunch 45 minutes later than checkout- They had removed my bags from my room when I got back- no one was in the room cleaning and the next check-in wasn't until 3:00. It's a good thing they did because I never would have paid for that after leaving a hotel exhausted because I couldn't sleep.
In all my years traveling I have never heard guests and t.v. next door- even in the least expensive ones I could find.
Extremely disappointed....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank jcc129
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear jcc129,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and did not get good sleep due to the guests next door. We try our best to provide each and every guest with an ultimate comfort and I'm really sad that we failed to do that while you were staying at our hotel. We advise all our guests to call down to front desk with any questions or concerns and I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed right away, but I hope that you will give us another chance to improve by choosing our hotel during another trip. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit and I will be more than happy to offer you a great discount with a complimentary upgrade.

Best Regards,
Urszula R,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Our stay at Le Jolie was cozy and accomodating, just the perfect little hotel to stay at near Manhattan. The staff was very friendly and smily, something I didn't expect at first so I was very happy customer. The room itself was very small but the beds and bedding itself were so comfy and let me relax just like at home. It was clean, fuly furnished with a stylish modern flair. My only complaint is that the TV would not turn on, other than that it is the perfect place to stay if you want to be close to Manhattan for the weekend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Urszula1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Jolie, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Dear kaleman85 ,

Thank you for this great review! We strive to provide an excellent and comfortable stay to each and every guest and to hear that we achieved just that brings a great joy to all Team Members! Please visit us soon as we have so many exciting upgrades planned for Hotel Le Jolie : expansion of the Lobby and Breakfast area, an on-site fitness center and a brand new décor in all guest rooms !

Best Regards