Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
S_D_Andrews
London, United Kingdom

First time NYC traveller finds solace at Even Brooklyn

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Apr 2024
I consider myself as a well-travelled man of the world, that, for whatever reason, has never visited New York.

I fixed that in 2024 and picked the Even Hotel in Brooklyn as my base of operations.

I've travelled for years with the IHG group across Europe but I've never pitched up at an Even before. As a brand, I think that the eco-friendly, wellness vibe is very on point. The ethos comes across well in both public areas and in the rooms.

I'd als like to mention the awesome staff in Brooklyn too, as they were pivotal in offsetting an initially horrendous experience of NYC involving a "philosophical difference of opinion" with a yellow taxi driver.

The staff kudos starts with Kevin and Monique on reception, who both calmed my nerves and helped me settle in. They were swiftly followed by Dazy on the bar. Lastly Chris and Miguel, the catering professionals who looked after us the following morning are to be thanked too

I'm looking forward to staying with you all again.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Ask the staff lots of questions! They know the area!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 30 Apr 2024
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and detailed feedback. We're delighted that you found the property and staff very convenient and helpful. Our team of dedicated associates have always found themselves assisting guests in any way possible so they can navigate through NYC as seamlessly as possible. I will certainly share you feedback with team and thank them for the attention which was given to your situation. We do hope to see you again. Even Brand is about encouraging connections and I believe we always strive for excellence. Travel safely......
£315
  • travelup.com
    £306
2.7 miles from Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Brooklyn
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat front desk filtered water barclays center new york amazing hotel late check hotel room bed was very comfortable wellness gym resistance lobby subway nyc bam
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2024

The bed is very comfortable. The staff is very polite. The hotel is a little small but its okay. Sangay was super helpful and very nice during our stay! Would totally recommend for a short stay in Brooklyn..............................:)

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorenzo L
Rosario Bianchi, General Manager at Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We're very lucky to have Sangay on our team as she was one of the first team members to open the hotel in 2016. I will certainly share your feedback Sangay. Until we meet again, travel safely and know that we are your home away from home. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 April 2024

I booked this room on behalf of a friends celebration. I got in early physically put my card down and added my accompanying guest. I mentioned that I would be at work for a long portion of the day and did not want my friend waiting in the lobby. They told me it would be fine. When my friend came in to check in they denied me access saying I had to be present. Unreasonable and not understanding even after explaining I followed the instructions given to me and reached out in advance.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rosario Bianchi, General Manager at Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Dear Makked2020,

I would like to thank you for your time and feedback! I apologize for the inconvenience and really want to understand a little more about the encounter with our reception team and how this was missed. Kindly give me a call at 718-552-3800 and or email me at rosario.bianchi@evenbrooklyn.com I want to thank you again for staying with us and hope we can resolve this moving forward.

Reviewed 25 March 2024 via mobile

I am unsure how someone would rate this hotel higher than a 3 at best. The lobby and area to eat breakfast or food you bring in was decent. The hotel was clearly under construction which was not mentioned when we booked. Our floor had no floorboards and it looked very messy and undone. A couch was being assembled in the lobby area and we needed to steer clear. The room was very small which didn’t surprise us with it being NYC but the photos are misleading. The bed was fine and the bathroom was fine. The place was clean but it was a ‘this will do’ situation. There are only grab and go restaurants nearby - Dunkin, subway, bagel. The parking garage associated with the hotel worked out pretty well. There was room for us because we reserved a room with parking.

I won’t be staying again. If you get a good deal, maybe you’ll feel fine with it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rosario Bianchi, General Manager at Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Dear Vermont Traveler19,

Thank you for your time and feedback. I apologize for the overall experience you encountered at the property. We did indeed have some decorators on property and sincerely apologize having to do these projects at a busy time of the day. We do hope you return and see the exciting refurbishments the property will have gone through. If it's any consolation I would be grateful if you would take me up a discounted rate for a future stay. Please contact me at rosario.bianchi@evenbrooklyn.com or respond to this review with your contact information. Once again, we value your business and thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Hotel is in a very convenient location. I was disappointed that the bar and restaurant were not up and running but they did have a delicious breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were professional, friendly and went above and beyond. Shout out to Monique and Kevin for all of their help. Actually the entire team. Miguel, Chris, Matthew , Tiffany. They all made my stay more special.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gussusan

Dear Gussusan,

Thank you for your time and wonderful feedback! From our entire Team to you we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day and travel safely.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2024

My two-night stay in the EVEN Hotel Brooklyn was unexpected (my Brooklyn hosts were ill) but lovely. Apart from the comfortable accommodations, I wanted to give a shout out to Karlene, on the housekeeping staff. I chatted with her a couple of times while waiting for the elevator and she stood out for her friendliness and professionalism. Thanks for helping make my stay a great one!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback. Great to hear that you encountered a member of our team and found the property convenient and friendly. Hope to see you again.....

Kind Regards,