“Lovely taste of Tokyo in Park Slope”
Review of Mura

Mura
Ranked #1,747 of 5,605 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A local who frequents Mura often recommended dinner here. Lovely setting, and complete Japanese fusion menu. I loved the Miso eggplant. Sashimi is my typical Japanese favorite, and I was amazed at the freshness and quality of the fish. The salmon was so fresh and tasty. This is one of the few times I have enjoyed salmon of this quality. The sake was also excellent. Mura has a nice selection, and they are each rated by strength and degree of sweetness.

I strongly recommend Mura if you find yourself in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn.

1  Thank mysterioustraveling

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at Mura's on a recent Sunday evening. All of us, including my wife plus our son and daughter-in-law, thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

We had several appetizers including Edamame which was prepared just right. Also enjoyed the house Saki (warm). Entrees included Sushi, Sashimi, California Rolls, and my wife had Shrimp Tempura. All were very, very good. The food was also arranged elegantly, which added to the overall good impressions.

The service was outstanding--extremely attentive, but without hovering and being in the way. I must also say that the prices were very reasonable--just over $100 for dinner including appetizers and drinks.

My only "downer" was the canned popular music in the background. The other three people in the group didn't mind at all--they even commented on some of the songs, performers, etc. But, for me, there was a distinct clash between the food and ambiance versus the music. You'll see that I overlooked the music, though, and still gave the restaurant five stars.

We will definitely go back to Mura!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

The $8 lunchbox special is a generous assortment of tasty treats. Choice of Tofu,Salmon,Tonkatsu or Chicken Katsu, sashimi, chicken or beef teriyaki, shrimp tenpura, beef negimaki all served with salad, soup, shumai, california roll, and white or brown rice.
Flavors well-crafted and reminiscent of restaurants in Japan. Each of the four meals we had there were spot-on!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 18 May 2008

In a very nice neighborhood of Park Slope Brooklyn. Nice interior and good service. Amazing food for cheap prices. Must go and try, begin a crowd and go enjoy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook