“Nu Hotel - nice stay in Brooklyn”
Review of NU Hotel

NU Hotel
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and welcoming. Nice touch to have a small bar in the hotel and the rooms had a lot to offer in that department, too. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. I would definitely stay here again. Good location.
My only complaint - we had goody bags for guests attending the wedding. They were not given out to the right people. I had to double check on it. They assured me that they were all given out and given out correctly, but my mother received a bag for a different wedding. I would just check to make sure that they are all given out correctly and I would stick with one color for the bags. I hadn't anticipated that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Javier E, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for the positive review! We aim to give our guests a wonderful experience with us, so we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our apologies for the wedding bag mix up - we will be more attentive moving forward. Thank you again and take care!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the night before an interview. I arrived 3 hours before check in and was lucky the staff found a room for me! This was not just any room. I was "randomly upgraded" they said which suited me fine. My room was so fun with a huge bed, lots of natural light, a hammock, and a chalk board. Additionally, the snacks in the room(which you pay for) were well selected for tastiness and health. Yum.

I also loved all the art around the hotel, made by local artists. Plus the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Hooray for a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review! We try our very best to give each guest an excellent experience, so it means a lot to us. We're pleased you enjoyed your room, the mini bar selection, and the Brooklyn art through out the hotel. We look forward to having you with us again. Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff is excellent. Served us breakfast even though we came down after 11:00am. Found me the oatmeal I wanted (sugarless), cooked it, and all with a smile. Printed out directions to various locations we asked about. Fixed a slow drain in the room in less than 24 hrs. Overall made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for the excellent review! Ensuring our guests have an amazing experience with us is what we strive for, so we are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days towards the end of our 3-week honeymoon and we liked it because it is cool, feeling different from anywhere else we've stayed, and also because the nearby subway stop is a good hub while the crossroad, State Street, has lovely cafes, restaurants, bars and interesting independent shops. Our room was spacious, clean and had street art on one wall.

The only niggle for me is the very noisy aircon but I was relaxed enough for this to not bother me too much.

I thought we got great value at this hotel too as it was only $220 per night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier E, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for the review, we're pleased that you and your wife chose to stay with us toward the end of your Honeymoon. Our location offers guests many things to do and we're pleased that you enjoyed your room as well. We'll be sure to check on the noise level of our a/c's and look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a very pleasant Hotel in a good safe location with quirky boutiques and different restaurants all easy reach.Very reasonable costs and some have good live music at no costs to you mainly in Jazz pattern Hotel staff excellent have plenty of time for you Good rooms with breakfast as well. Lots of good walks as the bridges are very close.China town City hall World Trades good connections on the subway Colney Island only a few stops away Normally stay in Manhattan not anymore overpriced and overrated,will be back again next year,even quick for subway to JFK as I was leaving on my own 5$ tO the airport instead of 60$ by Cab enough said.Next year will book direct with the hotel as when you book at a .com site like I did,and you see the price say 773£ when you get the bill c/c it is more over 903£ tax goes on afterwards beware this Booking .com Not a fault of the hotel

Room Tip: Good spot same shops as Times Square only cheaper
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the great review! It's our personal goal to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay - so it's awesome to hear about how much you enjoyed yours. Our hotel offers the same great amenities as many Manhattan hotels, but for a less expensive price and a little more urban style. We look forward to having you with us again, please don't hesitate to call direct, we'd be happy to help.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Nu. It's an interesting and fresh property. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast is a nice touch in the lobby and the outside cafe seating was enjoyable for people watching!

The location is close to subways if you chose to explore Manhattan. It was a 5 minute walk to the station that we used and within 10 minutes we were walking through the east village. There are also tons of things to do right outside the front door also.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Craigroun

Hello and thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that you were able to get to Manhattan so quickly - having a great location near many subway lines is one of our favorite amenities. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and people watching, Brooklyn is a great place for that!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's a nice little hotel with some European charm - especially in the check-in, bar and breakfast areas with bold, bright colors and decoration. They do very well tapping into the local Brooklyn art scene. There is local art throughout the hotel including paintings and mixed media pieces. The rooms even have info on local art walks and art studios. It's very cute.
The staff was great, friendly and accommodating. I took a conference call in the lobby after check out and they turned down the music for me for 30 mins so I could hear the call. Wi-fi was solid and steady. Room was small, but nice and had everything you'd need.
The neighborhood was a little iffy. There is a corrections center and bail bond places in the blocks around the hotel. But all in all I felt pretty safe walking around, even at night.
If I ever need a hotel in Brooklyn again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank whenyougo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We try our best to feature artwork from our Brooklyn community into our hotel, so we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed so much of it. We understand how having the corrections facility across the street can feel a little iffy, but the good thing about that is we have plenty of security around at all times! We would love to have you stay with us again.