“Loved Everything & Everyone”
Review of NU Hotel

NU Hotel
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The hotel is in an awesome location; literally within walking distance to everything. If you need to catch the train there are 3 within 3 or 4 blocks. The hotel staff is great. Dan and Mike are my fave!!! The hotel room is very modern and has everything you could need. Complimentary breakfast every morning, really what more could I ask for?!?! Business center is not really a business center, just a computer and printer but it suited my needs. The gym was quiet and clean, perfect for a cardio workout and light weights. Free wi-fi!!! Room service is drinks only but with so many restaurants around it doesn't matter.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
nuhotel85, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

Thanks for the awesome review and feedback. We are actually going to launch a light tapas menu at NU Bar very soon! Stay tuned and come again!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed for one night before a cruise and loved it! The location is great - close enough to walk around safely and also to take the subway if you wish. The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The rooms are small and cozy but very nice and clean. It was just what we needed. The breakfast was good and simple. Just what I expected - it kept us full until lunch. Try it, you won't be let down!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Lovely review for a lovely hotel! If only hotels can blush :)

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I stayed at the Nu Hotel from August 11-13 2010 and had a great time! Before booking the hotel I called and spoke to Gary who was very pleasant and gave me all the info about the hotel plus directions for getting to the hotel from JFK airport. Gary was there when I arrived and made me feel welcomed from the start. I told the staff I was not used to all the city noise outside and they placed me in a room located on an upper floor facing the courtyard instead of the busy street that runs in front of the hotel. The decor is very contemporary with cork floors and modern furnishings and art. The beds were very comfortable. Everyone at this hotel went out of their way to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I already mentioned Gary but also want to thank Bernard who went beyond the call of duty when I showed up for breakfast a few minutes after 10 one morning to make sure I got bagels, cereal, juice and yogurt to start my day. Dan who worked the night shift was pleasant and helpful as was Sandina who was working the front desk the morning of my departure. Even housekeeping staff went out of their way to show me gracious hospitality by taking my ice bucket down to the lobby to fill it and return it to my room and then refusing to accept a tip for their efforts! The hotel also has a gym located in the basement which is a bit nicer then the typical hotel fitness room. The hotel's location in Brooklyn is within walking distance of many restaurants and a couple of subway stations where you can board a train and travel most anywhere in the New York City Metro. When I am in NYC again and need lodging I will certainly return to the Nu Hotel Brooklyn!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Stayed in the Nu Hotel from July 22-July 25, 2010.
It's a fresh new hotel which was in a great Brooklyn location close to the Brooklyn Bridge, and downtown Brooklyn.
The staff was so nice, friendly, and more than happy to help no matter how big or small the request.
The workout room was so nice, I ending up working out more on vacation than at home!
The bed and pillows were so comfortable, I slept more than I expected to, but needed and enjoyed it to!
It was a great deal for a great hotel.
With the Itenery Brooklyn Exposed gave me to fit the location, showing me so many places where we could walk to and what was around the Nu Hotel, the stay was fun, enjoyable, and relaxing (and again the staff was so awesome it makes you want to go back quickly).
I have recommended this to friends going to New York later this year.
Any issues, concerns, or questions, just ask the staff, they will respond.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heatherp73
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The reviews I read in regards to the hotel were right on target. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. My only complaint would be that one night the television did not work but upon calling the front desk some came up immediately to rectify the situation. The room was A+ clean. I loved the fact that the floors were tiled and not carpeted. The linens had a fresh clean smell and were soft. The bed did not feel like a hotel bed at all- I felt right at home. The art deck lightning both in and outside the room gave a nice, comfortable ambiance. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the nu hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Has some unusual features - and rooms are certainly boutique in nature

This is good for a few nights stay - the reception/bar/business/breakfast area is one of those multi-use areas that is all you need for a few nights stay. The only downside is that there is nowhere you can go and "hide" and sit in the bar/restaurant as other hotels may have

That said - its relatively cheap for Brooklyn, its got a gym and free wifi in the room. Restaurants are in easy walking distance and would fit most peoples' needs

Only downside for me was the noisy aircon...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I agree that the rooms were quite large for a New York hotel, if you plan on spending a lot of time in your room, and I can't imagine why when you are in New York, then perhaps this hotel is not for you. Very clean, excellent location. I traveled with my adult children and they had NO problems finding a wonderful night life waiting for them just a few blocks from the hotel. Excellent price, very helpful staff, nice quick breakfast awaited us in the morning. Very happy with the experience, and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family