“Park Slope Gem”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garfield Place
Transit: D Train to Union Street.
New York
“Park Slope Gem”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

AOC is my favorite on 5th Avenue. Great for breakfast with coffee and croissants that can become a nice lunch accompanied by great wine. Even more lovely at night thanks to the elegant atmosphere and the energetic twist of its contemporary French cuisine and great wine pairings. I often stop by late at night for some oysters, a cocktail and some Edith Piaf. Well done to the new management for turning this place around.

New York City, New York
“Downtown bkyn shop & eat”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had visited their location in Manhattan and craved an like culinary experience. After a full day of shopping cooking dinner isn't on the menu unfortunately escargot was on the menu but not available. I made due with the crab cakes which had a crispy crust which was delightful contrast to the savory inside. The calamari was perfectly fried with a tasty and spicy sauce which tasted like it was honey mustard and horseradish based. The wait staff was excellent with presenting specials and refilling glasses with precision & pleasantries. My quiche Lorraine was light and fluffy. In conclusion the Portions are large and the food is tasty, the ambiance quaint and the waiters friendly. Downtown Brooklyn shopping and AOC Bistro a perfect match.

• Visited December 2013
Brooklyn, NY
“No need to go far”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

What a nice and cozy little place. Situated in a nice area of Park Slope. Duck liver pate was exquisite. The ambience was modern French, nice service and the crowd. Waiters were helpful and pleasant, not rushing you when we finished eating. Surprisingly food was not oversalted and portions were human sized. My friends are somewhat particular abut food and the whole experience, but they loved it as we did also. We'll definitely come back and you should too.

Brooklyn, NY
“Very good neighborhood French bistro”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

After running errands on 5th Ave today we were really craving frisee and lardon salad for lunch today. In the early afternoon AOC was busy but not crowded. Service was good and the food was just want we wanted. Each had a nice frisee & lardon salad then shared the weekend ham & cheese crepe along with the mergez sausage plate. Followed up with nice strong coffee and walked away happy.
We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
Sweden
“I love this place. Excellent option for oysters!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was walking across 5th Ave and I saw this little place. It looked very inviting. Then when I saw that they had an 'oyster feast' promotion at $1 each, so I could not resist entering.

It was a pleasant place that offered really good value for money. Next time I will try other items from their menu.

• Visited October 2013