I'm usually not one to review (but I read the heck out of them before I book), and after the experience I had last week and the service I received here, NY Loft Hostel totally deserves to be written about and reviewed. I went by myself and at first was intimidated by the industrial location but the hostel itself looked like a safe haven between graffiti and brick buildings. My first stop was the kitchen since check-in was at 3pm and I arrived quite jet-lagged at 9am. Breakfast was full of people and the place looked so cool! I soon made a whole group of friends and they all put me at ease by telling me about how cool and safe the area is -- which is absolutely true. What I first mistook as intimidating by the end of the trip was so exciting to go look at and really gave the area character. I mean what is more NY than graffiti, great hole-in-the-wall restaurants, a boxing school, and industrial buildings!?
I didn't take too much advantage of the free breakfast, but it was pretty good and you could buy stuff at local markets to add to it and make it a proper meal. The amenities in the kitchen we're really nice, and it's a great place to hang out with a big screen TV, huge open space, and great courtyard area. The cleaning ladies are very nice and work hard to keep it clean. The bathrooms are also great because they're private and kept clean as well. There are several of them, so I never waited to shower. Now, the real reason I write this review is because I had some excellent service from the front desk. I had a little issue with the shuttle-- it's supposed to be a flat rate, but I was charged too much. After speaking to the manager and Karina, they took the situation seriously (and didn't make me feel dumb, because I felt a bit embarrassed for being duped). Karina called the shuttle company and resolved the situation efficiently and I didn't have to do a thing! I would recommend the shuttle because everything was handled nicely and it's convenient when you're tired or need a little help. Just know it's a flat rate. I felt really taken care of and had one of the best weeks of my life! Fellow hostelers, staff, and everything is great here. They're my first choice now when I return to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 'The Hottest Neighborhood at the Moment! ' and 2 blocks away from the L Subway and only 10 minutes away from Downtown Manhattan. Smack in the middle of the hippest young neighborhood in NYC full of bars and restaurants. Look how nice we are: Free Street Parking in front of the building Free Breakfast every morning Free Wifi throughout the building Free BBQ every Wednesday and Friday (Summer) Free Movie Nights every Tuesday and Thursday! Free hostel party and live rock and roll every Wednesday in our secret basement Free world famous interiors to behold. Super Garden Super terrace with ping pong Super kitchen loft Computers with printers Please note NYC hotel tax not included in price. This is 14.75% in all rooms, this includes the hotel tax that is 5.875% and the sales tax is 8.875%. Private Room: additional NYC Hotel Room Occupancy Tax $3.50 / room per night". Rates DO NOT includes taxes and are subject to CHANGE without prior notice Please note that guests must be at least 18 years of age to stay at this hostel, or 16 years of age with a parent or legal guardian. Also no person with a New York state ID is permitted stay at the hostel. We require you to present a passport from overseas or an out of state ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your The New York Loft Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Loft Hotel Brooklyn
- The New York Loft Hostel Brooklyn