“aloft New York Brooklyn”

Aloft New York Brooklyn
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
London, United Kingdom
“aloft New York Brooklyn”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

offers good value for money and exactly what it promises. close enough to the metro. only 15mins form manhattan. The rooftop bar has a magnificent view. unfortunately there was quite a bit of construction work being done around the area which could affect the lower floors.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henri L
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello HenriL,

Hope you had a safe and restful flight back to London. The 360 degree panoramic rooftop view is amazing I have to say, I hope you took a lot of pictures. As for the new build going up near our complex, the onsite construction supervisor agreed to do everything possible to accommodate our concerns. Safe Travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Pros: Good location. I was staying for business and the hotel is in a much less hectic part of the city while still being close to many subway stops. There are a good number of places to eat around as well. There is a nice fitness area and even a pool and in general the place has a nice chill vibe. The room I stayed in was more than adequate. No complaints there.

Cons: The staff all seem to be very young (immature) I don't think I saw anyone working there who was older than 23 years old and I didn't get the sense they understood what good customer service really meant. They were just there doing a job and weren't thoughtful in their interactions with you. Maybe that goes with the vibe - we're too cool to be professional? The other thing is, don't order food from the bar. It takes an insane amount of time to get your food. I ordered a slice of cheesecake one night and it took about an hour to get to me. I ordered a small pizza another night and it was about the same.

I would stay here again. But only if I was looking to save money and really didn't care about staying at a place with a professional staff or decent food.

1 Thank Matthew E
Hello Matthew,

Thank for taking the time to share your experience with us. The pros, I agree with you. The cons, my new operator is remodeling an absolute amazing new ethnic fusion restaurant to showcase our Brooklyn Culinary skills. He admits taking too long servicing the Wxyz bar. The much anticipated grand opening is in November. As for my staff, “I Love My Staff!” I invite you to read all the positive reviews about our amazing & "Professional" staff – including the mothers over 30 years of age.
Bethesda, Md
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The downtown area of Brooklyn is not pretty, charming, or rich with any offers of adventures. But the hotel is definitely an urban cool-hunter's dream. Front desk staff is friendly and eager to please ( we had an issue with our room upon check-in, but the front desk staff immediately shifted into high gear and resolved the problem to our complete satisfaction.) Bliss bath amenities were very much appreciated.

1 Thank Euvites
Hello Euvites

Thank you for the " Great Staff Review!!" Safe Travels my friend.
New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Checking in later in the evening, I asked for a quiet room. I was not greeted in an special way (SPG Platinum member) nor asked which special benefit I'd like. I was given a room on a low floor and when inside, noticed a flyer that said there would be construction work across the street in the morning. I called the front desk and requested a different room. I was told someone would come up with the key. 10 minutes later, I went down myself to get a new key. The other room given was on a higher floor. The lock to the connecting room was unlocked and there were two men talking/arguing all night. I could hear every single word. When booking a hotel, one expects to get a good night's sleep. This was not the case. Poorly designed hotel. Lots of construction around the hotel area as well. Will not be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the construction and without a connecting door to another room.
1 Thank meanchat
Hello Meanchat,

I think not having a quiet room manifested a downward service cycle for you, thereby, creating the perception we don’t care or value you as our VIP guest. My apologies.
Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed one night. Daughter who lives nearby suggested to stay here because of location. I think it was a little pricey...the room was very tight as was the bathroom, but clean and very modern in an edgy way. No breakfast included in the price. There was a small bar in the lobby and a couple of gathering places to sit the furniture reminded you of the Jetsons. Don't know if I would stay there again. But I didn't dislike it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank connois
Hi connois

My takeaway - you love the hotel but the price paid was too much. Fair assessment. The demand for our hotel is thru the roof during this time period -hence the competitive rate. By years end our rates will become very attractive. I hope you choose the Aloft Brooklyn the next time you visit Brooklyn. Safe Travels
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very clean, in fact! The location is great, with easy access to several subway lines and many restaurants close by. The rates aren't cheap, but I thought they were reasonable for NY. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank michellec2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here for about a week for work with my colleagues. The hotel is relatively new, and the rooms are very clean. I had a one bedroom and it was spacious and well designed. The staff was friendly and our experience was good, until the very last day. We had them store our luggage for about 2 hours after we checked out, since our flight was leaving later in the day. When we went back to pick up our luggage, my colleague's large suitcase was missing. The staff could not find the suitcase. Since our flight was leaving soon, we had no choice but to leave without the luggage, which caused a great deal of stress to my colleague, since he thought it was stolen. Then when we got to the airport, the hotel staff called my colleague and said that they found the suitcase. Turns out it was at the manager's office rather than the storage room. They said they will ship it to him. However, rather than FedEx it right away, they shipped it by ground and it took more than a week to get to my colleague's home, causing more needless inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business