“Great Upgrade”

Aloft New York Brooklyn
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Arrived at hotel only to find that our discount reservation company hadn't gotten the necessary info to them. Unlike some online complaints, front desk staff patiently worked out the glitches and surprised us by giving us a major upgrade to a suite. We loved our room and have only good feelings about our treatment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tennisaceWayne_PA
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi tennisaceWayne_PA,

Thank you for the excellent review. We have a very caring staff. I've had a good amount of travelers tell me personally the online negative comments are like night and day. They love this small boutique and sassy hotel and enjoy the attentive happy go lucky staff. I thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again. All The Best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My partner and I stayed just one night just to try some local experience back in late 2012 during holiday season. Room was clean and well organized. We enjoyed our room. Front desk, not quite. Lack of smile and didn't feel like professional enough. Overall I gave it a C+. For budget travel, it's doable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimplyEasyNYC
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hello SimpleNYC,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay a year ago. I invite you to come back soon. As the new GM for this property a lot of new & exciting guest service initiatives have taken place since 2012.

JP

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I arrived very ill to the hotel. I was made to sit in the lobby for 2 hours while they sorted out a clerical error, despite the fact that they were assured that the necessary paperwork was forthcoming. Then, by the time that was cleared up, they had given away our reservation. We were accommodated into a suite, then forced to move rooms again the next day. When I asked to be allowed to stay in the room as I was really sick, and was unceremoniously told "NO". Others in our party were put into a room with one bed instead of a double. We are seeking a refund.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank DurgaMcBroomHudson

Hi Durga,

As the GM for the hotel you & I worked personally to resolve the error made by this 3rd party. I bought you complimentary drinks at the Wxyz bar in our lobby as my team worked to quickly resolve the matter with your contact. I think my genuine care and kindness speaks volume considering the circumstances at hand. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

While attempting to make a reservation for this hotel, I noticed that the pet policy stated that under normal conditions, accompanying dogs can only weigh 40 lbs or less. The policy stated that exceptions could be made if you spoke with the general manager. I emailed the manager and explained my situation and gave brief info on my dog. He simply referred me back to the policy and didn't bother to explain why the policy stated to contact him in the first place. I will not be staying at an Aloft after that exchange.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen H

Hi Stephen

I have a dog as well and completely understand your frustration. Our policy state pets must weigh less than 40lbs. Thank You.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

offers good value for money and exactly what it promises. close enough to the metro. only 15mins form manhattan. The rooftop bar has a magnificent view. unfortunately there was quite a bit of construction work being done around the area which could affect the lower floors.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henri L

Hello HenriL,

Hope you had a safe and restful flight back to London. The 360 degree panoramic rooftop view is amazing I have to say, I hope you took a lot of pictures. As for the new build going up near our complex, the onsite construction supervisor agreed to do everything possible to accommodate our concerns. Safe Travels

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Pros: Good location. I was staying for business and the hotel is in a much less hectic part of the city while still being close to many subway stops. There are a good number of places to eat around as well. There is a nice fitness area and even a pool and in general the place has a nice chill vibe. The room I stayed in was more than adequate. No complaints there.

Cons: The staff all seem to be very young (immature) I don't think I saw anyone working there who was older than 23 years old and I didn't get the sense they understood what good customer service really meant. They were just there doing a job and weren't thoughtful in their interactions with you. Maybe that goes with the vibe - we're too cool to be professional? The other thing is, don't order food from the bar. It takes an insane amount of time to get your food. I ordered a slice of cheesecake one night and it took about an hour to get to me. I ordered a small pizza another night and it was about the same.

I would stay here again. But only if I was looking to save money and really didn't care about staying at a place with a professional staff or decent food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew E

Hello Matthew,

Thank for taking the time to share your experience with us. The pros, I agree with you. The cons, my new operator is remodeling an absolute amazing new ethnic fusion restaurant to showcase our Brooklyn Culinary skills. He admits taking too long servicing the Wxyz bar. The much anticipated grand opening is in November. As for my staff, “I Love My Staff!” I invite you to read all the positive reviews about our amazing & "Professional" staff – including the mothers over 30 years of age.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The downtown area of Brooklyn is not pretty, charming, or rich with any offers of adventures. But the hotel is definitely an urban cool-hunter's dream. Front desk staff is friendly and eager to please ( we had an issue with our room upon check-in, but the front desk staff immediately shifted into high gear and resolved the problem to our complete satisfaction.) Bliss bath amenities were very much appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Euvites

Hello Euvites

Thank you for the " Great Staff Review!!" Safe Travels my friend.