Aloft New York Brooklyn
US$320
  • Fitness centre
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$171
NU Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$257
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$178
Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$165
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Brooklyn Bay Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$231
US$275
US$227
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$166
Hotel BPM Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$169
Agoda.com
1,082 results
All reviewsnew yorkrooftop barfront desk staffdekalb marketjay stcheesecakesubway ridecobble hillrooms are smallbarclays centercar servicecoffee makerking roomfew blockslobbynycjuniors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

First, I have traveled a lot on business staying at hotels such as Four Seasons to Holiday Inn Express and this is literally the first time I have experienced a terrible stay like this. I expected a certain level of quality from a Starwood and W inspired hotel, but this hotel fell short.

The staff was fantastic and lobby was really nice. In fact, the room was designed nicely with great beds and decor. Here's the bad... if you book a double room at this hotel, your room will be adjoined to another guest room, which is separated by 2 locked doors.... this is nothing new to me given all hotels have this type of setup. The flaw with the design is that there is literally no sound insulation from the other room. We learned this the first night we were staying there at midnight when our neighbors returned to their room. They weren't bad neighbors, but we could literally hear there conversation as if they were in our room and they were talking normally. We were shocked of how easy it was hear everything they talked about and did (watch tv, flush toilet, check voicemails). It was very hard for my family to sleep through this and it's not like our neighbor was being obnoxious or overly loud... they were acting like anyone would with a normal hotel room.

The next morning, we requested another room that did not have an adjoining room and was informed that only king bedrooms had this type of setup. Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out and they couldn't accommodate. We still wanted another room since our original room had a bad smell from the bathroom and our AC and heat wasn't working properly. They were nice enough to move our bags when we weren't there, but they couldn't guarantee the sound insulation would be any better. Unfortunately, we had the same sound issues. This time, we could hear quite clearly the woman next to us face timing her family on her ipad. We felt like we were in the room with her! Knowing that we could hear it quite clearly, my wife and I would whisper knowing she could hear us if we spoke at normal conversation levels.

If we stayed in a king room, our experiences would have been vastly different, but unfortunately we stayed in the double room. We were quite disappointed of how sound travel and there was a lack of privacy between rooms. It's shame given that the hotel is really nice.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend the double room if you want privacy or quiet from the other room.
3  Thank Dan N
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear mrrun2fast

I apologize for your less than adequate stay at our hotel. I regret the fact you were a victim of a rare lapse in our operating standards. We have a sizable inventory of non-connecting rooms and have launched an inquiry as to what happened in order to vastly improve our procedures. I empathize with you and genuinely appreciate your candor. After reading your email, I asked my Chief Engineer to formulate a plan to sound proof and isolate the few rooms we have left falling into this category. Most Sincerely

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We've stayed in this hotel the last few times we came to New York. Within easy walking distance of a few different Metro lines, you can get to Manhattan or anywhere else you want to go very quickly. Aloft is in a relatively nice shopping area of Brooklyn, and the rooms are a good size and very clean. Also the staff was very helpful. They gave us extra blankets whenever we asked and when we had trouble with the TV the tech guy came up in about 5 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jean P, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi NikkiH949,

Thank you for being a loyal Starwood member and staying at the Aloft Brooklyn. With so many hotels in the area, we are honored to have you as a loyal customer.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Never having stayed in Brooklyn before, I was not sure what to expect. I found the aloft to be clean, comfortable, and centrally located. It was a quick ride on the Q to Times Square as well as down to Coney Island. A shiny new shopping area at the end of the block was a nice surprise too!

Room Tip: Weekend nights were fine but construction starts early on weekday mornings. My room overlooked the site. Not sure if a room facing another side of the building will make a difference but its worth a try.

Hello mddem,

Thank you for the uplifting review. You are right about the Q train to Times Square. We are 4 stops away from Times Square. Thank you for pointing this out.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I'm really late with my review. I stayed at the Aloft on two separate occasions in January during the dreadful cold snap. I was staying there because I was displaced from my home that had no heat and broken pipes. Ahhhhhh.. The warmth of the hotel would sooth my weary footbones. NOT! I was in a suite with drafty windows and a lovely view of vacant buildings and construction. The suite was spacious don't get me wrong. However on both occasions I was there I had little to no heat. It seems as though the hotel had a problem with the heat. Yes it's winter and those things tend to happen, but it's how things are handled. There was no point of going to the Ice Bar because of the freezing temperatures. The location is good for getting around. The staff is hit and miss. I experienced a serious lapse in communication and what I deemed a potential harm to my safety at the hotel which is why I will never step foot in there again. There was an attempts to recitfy the situation but not enough to temper the embarrassment and treatment I went through. I'm sure you all will be more fortunate.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank snarkytraveler

As the GM I dealt directly with this situation. I truly believe my trip advisor audiences are smart enough to validate this claim based on the prior positive guest reviews listed below. On a positive note, I hope the contractors were able to fix the broken pipes in your home and the future is looking brighter.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Recently stayed there for a night and I guess you get what you pay for(a good clean room). The hotel is good but there are no frills and there is no staff there to help you or assist you. It's like flying in US Airways. Also, as a preferred SPG member I was expecting a preferred floor and a lounge but I was advice that was not the case in the Aloft hotels. The walls are very thin so you can hear the people in the rooms next to yours. I have a family on the room next to mine and lets say I was up by 6:30am.

Room Tip: It is a good option if you are planning to use the room to sleep, shower and change
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwurbina

Hello rwurbina,

Yes you are correct, as a limited service brand we do not have exclusive SPG floors compared to our full service sister hotels like the Sheraton hotel located next door. I do apologize for the noise coming from the adjacent room and thank you for sharing your experience with our hard working staff.