1,132 results
All reviews new york front desk staff rooftop bar fulton mall jay st barclays center few blocks subway station lobby nyc spg hip valet neighborhood cab jfk deli
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I checked in and it took forever and they said they were out of rooms. Finally they said the found something for me. It was a tiny little room looking into another building (I get it for NY). The walls felt like they were covered in carpet which was unappealing and dark. The carpet on the side of the bed had a huge red stain. I don’t know if someone spilled a Gatorade or if someone puked but it was disgusting. There is no excuse for the hotel to just leave that alone. Overall just horribly understaffed and very unclean.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DaisyDot24
Arsalan C, Operation Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear DaisyDot24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Arsalan Contractor and I am the
Operation Manager at the Aloft New York Brooklyn. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your
recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to
provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this
issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via
phone anytime at 718-256-3833. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your
confidence in the Aloft New York Brooklyn.

Arsalan Contractor
Operation Manager
Aloft Brooklyn NY
arsalan.contractor@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com
718-256-3833

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights and we loved the hotel. The room had a fantastic view and was very comfortable indeed. The details around the hotel were quirky and the staff really welcoming. We found the location convenient and easy for the metro. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Located on Duffield St, Brooklyn, NY only minutes waking distance from great NY food and the Barclay Center considered to be the Madison Square Garden of Brooklyn by the locals. Rooms are very basic; very comfortable bed, TV, good views of Brooklyn, separate bathroom. Very clean. Safe area to walk and enjoy the sights. Not far NY subway lines. Pet friendly with an outdoor dog area off the second floor. Great outdoor bar and lounge on 24th floor. Cost $120 for Uber from JFK Airport to the door but beats renting cars in the area. Twenty minutes by car to SOHO area of NYC where even better NY food can be found. Recommend the hotel. Reasonable rates for the area at $310/night considering that Brooklyn has become the new NYC frontier for development and jobs. Quiet stay if you ignore the typical NYPD sirens at night.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I stayed in Brooklyn because my granddaughter was living there and I was looking for something reasonably priced. The price was right. The rooms are quite small but with a wonderful bathroom. I did NOT like the entrance to the hotel which looks like the picture. I never bought anything or sat there. The other side of the lobby is a pool table area. What I did not like was the misleading card about the "green" treatment regarding the towels, etc. I put it out so they didn't need to change towels but they didn't even come in to make the bed. I definitely did not like that and they would not come up at 10pm to make it obviously. Just okay place to stay.

Stayed: March 2018
Kendijah G, Front Office Supervisor at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Marilynh286,

We thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. The "Green Choice Program" is a small, simple way for us to save water and recycle, we apologize if this may have mislead you.

Thank you for staying at the Aloft New York Brooklyn and we hope you choose to create more memories with
us whenever your travels bring you back to Brooklyn.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very disorganized! They charged my credit card for the whole stay when I arrived and again when I left! I’ve been trying to get my money back for 3 weeks now and they do nothing! They say I’m right, they are giving my money back, but just do nothing. Terrible service.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolina M
Kendijah G, Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I would be happy to look into the billing issue for you. Kindly call the hotel to speak with Tara directly. We are looking forward to hearing from you and resolving the issue as quickly as possible.