“Succesful Summer thanks to Brooklyn Suites”
Review of Brooklyn Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Brooklyn Suites
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I moved to New York from April to August for college. Making the move from somewhere completely out of the city and out of the state of New York, I was a bit worried about finding a place that didn't require a large deposit, didn't do extensive credit checks, and that didn't require the potential tenant to actually be present to pay for/view the apartment. I ended up staying at the apartment on State Street, as well as the one on Classon Avenue. The location at 331 State Street could not be in a more desirable location. It is near downtown Brooklyn in a very nice neighborhood, it's close to many subway lines, close to a grocery store (Brooklyn Fare), and also found nearby were some shopping centers and stores. From the beginning and throughout my whole trip I was very pleased with how well Enrique kept up with the building/rooms, and how responsive/reliable Benjamin was. The apartments themselves were all well kept, tidy, and allowed for as much comfort ability as could be given the size of the units. Thanks for making my trip less painful that it could have been! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 February 2013

When relocating to New York I stayed in Benjamin's 17th St apartments for a week in July and then later with my family for 2 months. In all I have stayed in 3 of the 4 apartments at this property. They were great for a short-term stay and helped us get settled in the city.

Good points - subway station (R train) is just around the corner, taking you directly into Manhattan via Atlantic Avenue where you can change for many other subway lines. Apartments are clean, safe and well-maintained. There is a grocery store across the street. You are close to Park Slope (especially the shops and restaurants of 5th Ave) and a 15-20 minute walk from Prospect Park.

Bad points - the traffic can get loud at night if you have an apartment with the bedroom at the front and 4th Avenue is a very busy street. You are not quite in the centre of things, but walk a few blocks and you can be very quickly.

The key thing here though is that the customer service offered by Benjamin really is fantastic. He clearly cares about providing a great service to his customers. He and Enrique, the super, were always willing and able to tackle any issue no matter how big or small. We pestered them quite a bit and they were always responsive and accommodating of our needs.

I can't comment on the other properties but I am sure if you stay in any apartment managed by Benjamin you are in good hands.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I did not know what to expect when I landed in Brooklyn in January for a new job! I picked Brooklyn Suites sight unseen - via web site and trip advisor reviews. I have to say that from the beginning I was so pleased with the accomodations. Granted….it was a bit of a shock for someone who was used to 1,300 square feet but still from day one I felt at home and welcome. I think I have stayed in almost every unit available at 331 State street over the last nine months and enjoyed them all for their unique charm and quirks! My short term three month stay turned into over nine and each time I needed to extend a stay, I was met with flexiblity and kindness (even after too many complaints to count about the heat!)

The location is near many major train stops (2/3/A/C/G/N/R/D) and three stops from the Financial District. A delightful grocer (Brooklyn Fare) is directly around the corner as is one of the best restaurants in the neighboorhood (Bijan's - be sure to stop in and say hi to Alex, Erica and Larry!) The Barclay's Center and Target (among other things are all a short walking distance away.

Ben and Enrique are incredibly responsive and I never felt like I was just a customer. I have traveled extensively in my career and they ave provided a level of service and accommodation that I find rare in this world.

Room Tip: Many of the units only have dorm size refridgerators; be sure to plan ahead for grocery shopping and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed for a month at 331 state street, it was a great experience!
Friendly neighbourhood, good hosting, nice cleaning service twice a week and so close to Fulton mall and Manhattan!
When I go back to NYC I will definitely stay here again!
Thank you so much Benjamin for making my fifth visit to NYC the best ever!

//Kristian

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We were visiting New York for a 1 month program in a nearby institute and needed a furnished short term rental. Brooklyn Suites was a cross between a hotel and a vacation rental so it seemed suited for our needs. We rented the studio 3R which came with a large king size bed, a sofa bed, a small coffee table, airconditioning, ceiling fan, flatscreen TV, free Wifi, a fully functioning kitchen and a bathroom.

PROS:
1. Great location! State Street is perhaps one of the cleanest streets near downtown Brooklyn. The neighbourhood is pretty safe unless very late at night(but where is it safe really late at night anyway right?), very close to subway stations(A/C/G/2/3), and walking distance to downtown Brooklyn.
2. Great food, restaurants nearby. Smith Street and Court Street have rows of good Zagat rated restaurants, bars and coffee shops, and alot of them are open till pretty late. Another great thing about State Street was an amazing grocery store just around the corner called Brooklyn Fare. They sell just about everything as well as alot of good organic food.
3. Extremely well maintained. There is biweekly towel service as well as weekly linen service. This saved us alot of trouble of having to go to the laundromat to do towel laundry!
4. Fully functioning kitchen. You only need to bring food. All utensils and cooking supplies are ready.
5. Number pad security. Each apartment is given a number code that is used to enter the building and your individual apartment. If you're the type of person who is always losing or misplacing keys this can be a very convenient and safe option.

CONS:
1. A little cramped. Well, this is New York so what would you expect really? Rent is high and space is scarce so the space is definitely small. If you're the type of person that has to have their sleeping area and eating area clearly seperated then you may find this studio room a little inconvenient.
2. No laundry facility in the building. Although the 24 hour laundromat is a 10 minute walking distance from the apartment, it was still a little inconvenient that there was no laundry facility in the building.
3. Beds are very soft. This is definitely a subjective comment, as I like my beds to be a little more firm, but I've been around alot of hotels and the bed at this apartment has gotta be the softest mattress I have ever used! Caused us a few body aches here and there but if you're the softie type then you will love it!
4. Parking is a nightmare. But once again, it is the city. Street parking is free but they have road cleaning hours, so once a week you will need to shift your car over to the other side. Parking spots are difficult to find.

Overall, our stay was pleasant. Benjamin and his staff were extremely friendly, helpful and accomodating. When a comment or question is raised they are extremely quick to solve the problem. The location is a HUGE plus, and the building is well maintained and clean. A friend of mine who has been living in New York for all his life commented that this is definitely a very clean building compared to most places in New York. We had no trouble finding things around the neighbourhood(bookstore, UPS, post office, 24 hour Rite Aid), so it was definitely a good choice for us. Thanks Benjamin!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank saeunpark
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the family suite on Classon Ave. The apt is clean and spacious, which gave us (04 adults) a feeling that we were at ou own home in NYC.
The nearest subway station (Franklin Ave.) is just a 10 min walk away, and only 04 stops to Manhatthan, making it all very simple and fast to move around. We loved the hints from a booklet provided by management, who is also very attentive. (We called Benjamin for some instructions on how to use the shower). As for safety aspects, we had no problems even considering that some days we got back in the apt after midnight. I definitely recommend a stay in the Brooklyn Suits at Classon ave.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mdsf64
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting NYC. It is a short walk from the subway, which made getting into Manhattan and the other areas of NYC very easy. While I didn't necessarily feel unsafe w/ my husband w/ us, I probably would have felt unsafe without him. During the day, it was no big deal, but at night, when we would come home for the day, things got a little sketchy. However, that being said, I would still stay there again:) We stayed in the family suite, and it was exactly as described. Make sure to bring soap and shampoo/conditioner, though, b/c there is none provided. The unit had just been cleaned, which I do appreciate, but did retain a strong smell of cleaning products during our entire stay. We weren't there much, just early am's and again at night after our day was through, so it might have smelled due to the fact that we would turn the window units off during the day since we weren't there. Overall, it was the perfect bang for our buck, served its purpose, and provided with us w/ a great place to lay our tired heads at night. While in Brooklyn, I recommend eating at Grimaldi's pizza (downtown Dumbo), and if you have kids, visiting the old-school carousel in downtown Brooklyn, near the Promenade. Also, walking into Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge is lots of fun and memorable, and very classic "New-York"!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family