“Okay”

Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Pros: Very inexpensive, free parking, free internet, complimentary breakfast, heat lamp in bathroom, toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and lotion, iron and ironing board, plenty of outlets, clean fridge and microwave, good housekeeping service (although my white socks are now permanently gray from the carpet).

Cons: Located in an industrial park area so there is not a whole lot of options for food in the area (although I ordered delivery from several places that were good), breakfast eating area was very crowded and not the tastiest, limited parking (No street parking on Mondays and Thursdays from midnight until 3:00 am or it’s a $45 ticket), small rooms, incredibly loud A/C, no pool or gym.

Breakfast included yogurt, cereal, bagels, donuts, cinnamon rolls (I didn’t really like these), waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausages, juice (including POG juice! Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank foxegurl266
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello foxegurl266,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience during your stay. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I selected the Sleep Inn on 45th Street, Brooklyn based on price and free parking, not for the neighborhood. I was able to take advantage of a price drop after I made my original on-line reservation. My two night stay in a fourth floor room was terrific! All the amenities ... fridge, iron and board, flat screen tv, toiletries, comfortable bed and linens were all in good order. The staff were helpful and friendly ... I had trouble starting the AC unit and maintenance came within two minutes of my call for assistance. The AC worked quite well. Worth noting ... my room was very quiet with a view over the clean, small 15 car, walled parking lot. There was always a space available for my rent car.
Several landmarks could be seen in the distance! The breakfast room was well stocked, I would say a cut above standard fare ... eggs and sausage, bagels, coffee and green tea, toast, waffles, and real butter! The free USA Today newspaper was a nice touch.
The location was quite handy to access my Bay Ridge, Green-Wood, and other more distant locations in Brooklyn and Queens. Driving was a hoot on the crowded narrow streets and busy highways ... not for the feint of heart ... one benefit: no taxi cabs! Street parking not a problem.
Sure I would stay here again .. and even bring the wife.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear on the 4th floor and above are quiet and have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank bobo231
Hello bobo231,

We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly stay for all our guests.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I always start my vacation with reviews from Tripadvisor, well this one was suspicious, but I booked it anyway. BE WARNED!! There are two Sleep Inn's within 1mile of each other. The one on 22nd is a better location, not as seedy, but 45th was horrible! Far from the subway and very sketchy area. My husband has lower standards than me and he was disgusted. At check in, the guy had "bus face." Not even a smile as he handed us our key card. Rooms were very small, shampoo was 1/2 empty bottle and it did have the strange odor. We only stayed for one night, two young kids were working the front desk the next morning and they were both very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hello Caloriebound,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We are really apologizing for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

I assure you, your concern about front desk staff will not go unnoticed. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please excuse us at this time as we are doing our greatest everyday to provide the best for our guests.

Many times it may be possible that our housekeepers could have missed a few aspects but it is not in their routine to do so. Please, we apologize very much for such inconvenient service since we are doing our best to improve our hotel day by day.

Please excuse us this time as we were lacking in attention and we promise that we will take better care of our guests here on now. Thank you again for your comments

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visiting friends in Brooklyn and wanted to stay nearby to Sunset Park. The staff was very polite and accommodating, letting me check in at 1p.m. Room was plenty big enough, clean and a very comfortable bed, The neighborhood was more urban/industrial than most hotel locations, but safety not an issue. Plenty of restaurants nearby that also deliver and subway access not far away for a quick ride to Manhattan.

The very minor issues: I had a room just down from the Breakfast Area which is also used by employees on their break. The area can be a bit noisy in the morning and you can hear it in the rooms nearby(I was in 113). Because I was allowed to check in very early this is what was available and not a major issue. The free breakfast was ok-the mini pancakes and sausage wasn't very tasty at all. Did have a good selection of cereals donuts and pastry so there were items to get you out and on your way.

Overall this was a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. A good value and well worth considering if you are staying in Brooklyn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank foot5841
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello foot5841,

I want to primarily thank you very much for taking your time to write this review for us as it helps to improve our service to you and allows us to understand our guest and their needs better. On the other hand, I must apologize for the inconvenience you had during the breakfast time.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night after a perfectly acceptable stay at the one in the 22s. The rooms really aren't that small by New York Standards (you can walk around the bed and there's a place to store your stuff). The rooms are clean and pleasant with real comforters and cottons sheets. Like the other one the internet is really poor - so that's a problem for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethLesser
Hello BethLesser,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay at Sleep Inn, Brooklyn.

I am glad to know that you were comfortable with your room during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay to all our guests.

We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel was about 6 blocks from nearest subway. Subway ride into Manhattan took about 15-20mins. So for the distance to city the price is great. Not so fancy neighborhood. Rooms are big enough and breakfast is basic (cereal, bagels, coffee, etc).
Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Magdaline S
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello Magdaline S,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My nephew and I stayed here to visit central park, china town, times square, and all NYC fun. We used the subway system which was so close and easy to follow. I had front door parking the whole time, but if I didn't there was plenty of parking less than 25 yards away in a very safe comfortable area. The people of the neighborhood offered greetings and smiles after every corner. Everybody that works there was so great, helping make it a most enjoyable stay. The breakfast was quite tasty too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicholas B
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello Nick B,

I am very happy to see that you found our staff to be very grateful. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.