“Lovely room in a lovely neighborhood”
Review of Inn on Second

Inn on Second
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Inn on Second
Ranked #7 of 56 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Columbia
“Lovely room in a lovely neighborhood”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a wonderful find! The owners live on the main floor, the two rental rooms are on the second floor. Both rooms are lovely. In addition to a comfortable bed, there are great chairs, a desk/table, refrigerator, coffee pot, adequate closet space, and even a computer. Although the bathroom is shared between the two rooms, we have had no problem with availability during our two stays there. The owners are friendly and accommodating; the location is convenient to the train (subway); the neighborhood is safe and close to shops. We found it to be an excellent choice and plan to use it whenever we visit New York.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent. The front room overlooks the street; the back the garden.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlottesville
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I don't want to give this such high reviews, because I want to keep the secret to myself so there is always room for me!
This place is fantastic. Super nice owners who are relaxed and helpful and friendly. Large rooms with comfortable beds and all the amenities you can wish for. They think of everything! Perfect location, just a block from the subway and lots to walk to. We will be back often!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here and loved our stay. The rooms were VERY well kept and everything was VERY clean.

The room and bathroom were very clean. There was coffee, tea, and juice provided in the room. There was a mini refrigerator for keeping food and drinks. The inn keepers were very welcoming and accommodating.

The inn is a very short walk to the "F" subway line that is only a few stops from Manhattan and this line goes all the way to Jackson Heights for easy transfer to LGA airport. There are steps to the subway station on the same street on the same block as the inn.

To summarize:

I loved the location, the neighborhood was safe and quiet, the inn was clean and well kept, the management was friendly, subway (metro/underground) transportation was very accessible.

I would gladly stay here again and I will recommend this pace to anyone I know vising NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were in Brooklyn for a family wedding and so booked the two rooms together. It was a good choice. Great area, friendly street and plenty of good cafes for breakfast on Smith. Equally good range of places for an evening meal, too. Easy walk to subway with heavy bags - and to Brooklyn Heights and city centre without. A comfy bed and the handsome period feel to the rooms, together with filtered water and soft drinks in the fridge, made for an excellent week's stay. It might have been slightly less enjoyable had we had to share the one bathroom with complete strangers. However, that's reflected in the price which represents excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Front room bigger, more interesting, back room a bit quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We always stay at the Inn on Second, whenever we go to New York City. The Innkeepers are the nicest! It's close to funky and fun Smith and Court Streets and has a train stop at the base of the street. It's clean and comfy. Not posh or ultra fancy and you do have to share the hall bathroom with one other room. The Inn on Second is a mainstay with us and will continue to be!

• Stayed October 2012
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Inn on Second was an excellent value. The hosts were friendly and eager to help with any questions we had. The price was extremely good, and the location was convenient, on a quiet residential street with a subway station one block away to take you into Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Grafton, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Inn on Second exceeded all my expectations. Joe welcomed me with a big smile and gave me the tour. I stayed in the Big Apple Room, which was very nice. I easily connected to their WiFi with my iPad, although they do have a nice desktop PC in the room. I liked the Eames-type chair. The linens, towels, bathroom -- everything -- was impeccably clean and attractive. Unbeatable value. The G subway a 5 minute walk. I dined at The Grocery restaurant which was delicious and a 10 minute walk. I breakfasted at a bagel cafe on Smith Street, another 10 minute walk. 2nd street is a lovely, quiet, tree-lined street that epitomizes the best of Brooklyn. I am already looking forward to my next visit. I WILL be back. Thank you Joe and Fran for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo