“A competent Indian in Park Slope”
Review of Baluchi's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2012

On my tour of the Park Slope restaurant scene, I was advised that this small chain of restaurtants was decent and the Park Slope location was one of the better locations. The service was good, the outdoor seating nicely done and welcome on a hot night but the food was a little disappointing. I enjoy Indian food for the nuances and subtleties that are present, even with blisteringly hot dishes (and be forwarned - their vindaloo is REALLY hot) and it was not there. Next time I want Indian food, I will go into Manhattan to the Murray Hill area where there are a plethora of terrific Indians.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I visited Baluchi's Restaurant in Park Slope with friends during "Dine-In Brooklyn Week" Since then I have dined there 3 times... I have gone for lunch which is 50% off during the week and twice for dinner. The restaurant has a more intimate feel during the dinner hours with the candles and dim lighting. The service is good. The food is freshly prepared and Extremely Tasty. I would definately recommend this restaurant to anyone. Indian food is my new addiction.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

(but dont order the Aloo Paratha ....) also lots of nice free condiments included with your meal.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Love,love this restaurant! I have been going to this place since it open & has not let me down when I crave for rich & spicy Indian. Great food,great atmosphere, & friendly staff.
Must try their Chicken Vindaloo,Kerala crab curry,okra,grilled eggplant then smashed. Their Naan is wonderful,the right charred & texture. I usually eat until I can't walk out of their!
Prices average $15 per dish

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Dinner is fabulous but there is also a great brunch special. They offer a variety of drinks and cocktails given that the restaurant has a bar. Great place for friends, couples, and large groups.