“The name says it all.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Comfort Inn does exactly what it says on the packet - offers comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price.

The room was clean and comfortable with a King bed. The hotel was modern with electronic locks and room safe. The breakfast provided was more than the advertised 'continental' but the dining area was so small for the size of the hotel that many guests had to take their meal back up to their room. We found that it was easier to eat at a local diner and then just carry on with our day.

One of the only drawbacks was that our room faced the main road and the off ramp to the 278 - quite a noisy experience. Add to that the fact that the buildings across from the hotel were in the process of being demolished and there was quite a lot of early morning disturbance. Keep this in mind when booking your room along with the fact that the area is likely to be a construction area for the foreseeable future.

Parking is free but there are only about 9 spots in the back and 4 or 5 out front. We checked in and parked around back and didn't move the car until we were checking out.

All in all, the location of the hotel suited our purposes (we were there for a local wedding) and the price was right. It allowed all our family to book at the same place which was convenient. It's close to the subway and doesn't take long to get into the heart of Manhattan.

As with all accommodations, it's location x price x convenience = Comfort Inn

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the highway off ramp and construction site across the street...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Warren S
NY391, Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is newish, clean and has all the modern conveniences. The staff are reasonably accommodating but not trying to be a big part of your stay. The price is excellent for NYC. The only thing you will want to think about is its location. I have used this hotel twice to visit the tourist spots in Manhattan and this means riding the subway for 20-40 minutes each direction depending on where you're headed. I am a single male with a good knowledge of the city, so the location is more than outweighed by the price. There are a few bars and restaurants nearby which are fine for me, but may be too colorful and less than tourist-oriented for a family or solo first visitor new to NY. If you are hearty traveller and don't mind subways and a downmarket neighborhood, strongly consider this hotel. If you require effortless city transport options and a full range of eating/drinking options at your front door, this is not the right place. The low cost and first rate rooms makes this hotel right for me, since I can spend the savings on other parts of my holiday. But do consider that the low cost comes from being in a neighborhood undesirable for most tourists.

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same to me but at the ends away from the elevators seem quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank commancer

Dear Guest

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am very torn on what to write about this hotel. The price was very good. The room was small, but they say all the rooms are small in NYC. The area kind of threw me but I have never been to NYC before. My daughter had checked it out and thought it was okay. It is about 2 blocks from the subway which is very nice but I always felt a little nervous at night. It is in an industrial type area, but there is a school that you walk past to get to the subway. Some people would have no problem with this. I think if you were alone it would be creepy. The place was very clean. The only place to eat close at hand is McDonalds that we saw. The staff was okay but not very friendly. They did what they had to do. The lady that worked in the breakfast area was the nicest person we met. The breakfast is typical hotel but it was stocked but very crowded. The water pressure in the shower was terrible. We were on the fourth floor and it just spit out. If you have long hair you will not like it. Two nights in a row we got to our room only to find out that our key did not work and we had to go back down to the desk and get it re-keyed. They were not sorry at all. It must happen all the time. There is a computer and printer in the very tiny lobby that is adequate to print boarding passes and such. I guess for no more time than we spent in the room it was okay. Wish I could find a little better place for the same price but it may not be available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeAnn H
NY391, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel is located in a mixed warehouse, residential area bordered by a highway and an exit ramp. It is very reasonably priced. The front desk staff are ok. Some say nothing to you, others are quite pleasant and smiling. But when asked to do something, they were very accommodating. The breakfast area person is more interested in her cell phone than anything else.

The room: Modest. The closet is for short people. If you have an average length dress or coat to hang in it, it will drag on the floor of the closet. Iron and ironing board provided.

The bathroom appeared to be washed down with a dirty rag. Dirty drips on the walls, the tissue box, etc. Hot water took forever to get to the shower, so I would start it, then undress, then get in. And water pressure is non-existent. Toilet is a quiet flush. Hot water in the sink was fast. (Go figure!) Usual amenities.

The desk was fine, but wobbly. The desk chair was fine but don't lean back. It would lean really far and I wondered if I was going to fall out of it. Internet was iffy.

TV was good, nice size screen and nice selection of channels.

The bed---the saving grace of the room---outstandingly soft linens and very, very comfortable.

A/C/Heating--no problem.

I was in a non-smoking room and one day I awoke to cigarette smoke coming into my room. I turned on the bathroom exhaust and that removed most of it. Ugh.

No restaurants nearby. Several places delivered. One is a diner that is on speed dial on the phone but only accepts cash. The hotel breakfast was fine. Breakfast area quite cramped.

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor. It's the smoking floor. So, take the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelPansy
NY391, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I appreciate for your feedback. Many places that you mention , we have to do upgrade and we already in process for the new furniture in the room including wordrobe and chair.We are looking to see you again and we will try to give you best service. Again Thankyou very much for your response.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I decided to choose this place because i wanted to go to the city but at the same time stay at a cheap place, so my friend suggested me this hotel. What did I find upon my checkin ? Nothing but the best

Friendly and Helpful Staff
Close passageway to the subway - takes you to Times Square fast
Speckless Rooms
Appetizing breakfast-except the eggs lol
Clean bathrooms
All for a really affordable price

Comfort Inn team I am willing to come back soon. Thank you for making my trip worth it.

Room Tip: I liked the higher floors better than anything else, The housekeeping deserve a tip ! Leave one guy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank EricP2000
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Eric,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Only two blocks from the subway. This is a very clean but modest hotel. The breakfast was very good with fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. We stayed there 4 nights. It is not the best of locations if you want to just take a stroll from the hotel and grab a bite to eat or a drink as it is right on the edge of a commercial area. However, you plan to use this as a base the subway is really convenient. There is free parking but it is very limited so there is no guarantee there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank MKEMF
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi MKEMF,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you plan to visit New york, you should consider this hotel for such purpose because you will leave your room early in the morning and come back later in the night. This hotel is very close to a metro station (2 min by walk) and you can join New York city center if you take a Express line in 15 min. After your exhausting visit of New york, you can join again your room and do not worry, you have Pizza Domino and Mac Do close to the hotel so plenty of food. People from the reception are quite OK, even helpful. For the breakfast, forget about the woman in charge, she spent her time playing with her Iphone so just clean your table by yourself, do not expect anything. The room is definitely not cleaned every day unfortunately and do not except to get more coffee and tea but except that, the room is fine even with a safe so well done for that. To sum up, take this affordable hotel if you spent less time inside that's it.

Room Tip: take a room far away from the lift to avoid noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank MOUSS190273
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for staying with us and thank You for consideration. We definitely will work on your couple of concerns and hope to see you again very soon.