“Not for business travelers; not worth the price”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Not for business travelers; not worth the price”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The bed is comfortable. However:
1) No refrigerator or microwave in the room
2) The pool is tiny and only open 5-10pm
3) The room is small and cramped
4) The location is not in the best part of town
5) The internet is not free
If you want to stay in this area the Loft next door is better and cheaper

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Falcon1981
Denise L, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback, it is great appreciated. I apologize you did not receive the service you expected, as we strive everyday to ensure we do our best to provide our guests with a great experience. If possible please call me directly to further discuss your recent experience, I look forward to speaking with you.
All the best and safe travels.

Denise Luna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ontario
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The price was very good for a large suite with Club lounge access. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel location good - right by a subway stop. That said, the king bedroom was right beside a service elevator which you could clearly hear ALL night. The hallway noise (elevators, doors banging closed) was also too loud.

Do not pay extra for club lounge access at this hotel. We stayed four days and each day there was not nearly enough breakfast food in the lounge for the number of people there. There was a two hour breakfast slot with most food gone after the first hour. One person was running the lounge and couldn't keep up - washing dishes and setting them out again and trying to replenish some of the food. Happy hour was the same - a bowl of nachos, pop and water basically.

Front desk staff was very pleasant. We have 3 kids so it is hard to find large hotel rooms in NY and this hotel has that.

Room Tip: Book as far away from the elevators as possible and away from the service elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MYF76
Denise L, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
I would like to thank you for providing feedback from your recent experience at the Sheraton Brooklyn. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to better understand what transpired. My staff and I take great pride in exceeding our guest expectations and we would like to accept your feedback as a lesson to improve our services. If you have a moment please call me directly to further discuss your recent experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We got a deal on Priceline. We were met with a very nice staff at check-in. The room was lovely. The location was very convenient to the Barclays Center and the subway. Would stay here again. One issue that might bother some people is the fact there's construction on one side. It did not affect us because we were up and out early but anyone hoping to sleep in might not like it so much. Monday morning was very loud. Did not affect us. As for cleanliness, I was picking up after our in-room eating and found an old piece of pasta on the floor near the base of the bed. We had not eaten pasta. Yuck, but the room and bathroom were overall clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolineMcMuffin
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Comfortable beds, clean, accommodating the need for no feathers in the room... Staff was friendly and helpful. We were here to visit with our children and grandchildren for Thanksgivingka. Hotel is one block away from Juniors and a shopping area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a great stay! The staff was very accommodating - we were able to check in around noon and then get out and do some sightseeing. The beds were very comfortable - a great night's sleep! We loved the area - very close to what we needed and easy to navigate around. On the down side, the restaraunt was not open and they were serving all meals in the Starbucks area, and very limited at that. The hotel boasts a "rooftop" bar, but that is ony accessible from outside, and there was a line to get in...not exactly what we had hoped for. We wanted to have a glass of wine at the end of the evening but were unable to do so.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed in your hotel for 2 nights 12/14-16 in room 601. This is the worst stay ever and I very very upset.

The first night I got there it was 23 degrees outside and the room thermostat said it was 74 degrees but the unit was blowing cold air and the room was cold as well. I let the unit run for 10 minutes before I dialed 0 and called guest services. When I called a gentleman answered and I explained what was going on and he stated there was no engineer available because it was so late. He then tells me the unit is fine after I explained 2x what was going on. I asked if a manager could come on the line he claimed he was the manager. I then requested he come to the room and see exactly what I was talking about to ensure that he understood the situation he said no he would not come because there was no need too. We had to sleep in sweat shirts and pants that night because they have the thermostat locked where it will go no further than 74.

On day 2 I took it upon myself to get a thermostat to check the air myself and indeed it was reading 68 degrees in the room yet the thermostat in the room was reading 74 degrees just the same.

I once again called downstairs to get help and no one ever came up. There was no courtesy from the staff or management period. We stayed 2 nights cold sleeping in sweatshirts and pants with the thermometer that I purchased still reading 68-69 degrees and very uncomfortable.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Crystalw5557
All the best and safe travels.

marfa
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here in July (two nights) and about to stay here again tomorrow (three nights). It was supposed to be tonight, but since my flights were cancelled, I have some time on my hands to write a review. The entire staff is friendly and accommodating. They have gone out of their way to make sure that I could switch my reservations to coincide with my new flight dates. Everyone is really great- from the valet, front desk, housekeeping all the way up to the office personnel. Even the doorman at the club next door, which I think is somehow connected to the hotel, or at least located on top floor of hotel, is super nice and talkative. It is a Sheraton, so it goes without saying that the beds are comfy and has all the amenities that you expect from this level of Starwood hotel. Looking forward to seeing New York in December, if the weather cooperates!

Room Tip: Top floor has great views, but busy hotel so I like lower floor so I can take stairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple