“Best Sheraton I've stay at”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Sheraton I've stay at”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Usually I don't have the opportunity to stay at Sheraton hotels in the Starwood lineup due to company restraints and events planned by others. However, I found this hotel to be a nice break in the tradition of a couple of old Sheraton hotels I've been at the long ago past.

Glad there is a restaurant in the hotel. Convenient, with normal kind of bar fare and pricing for New York.

Hotel does have a member lounge, but that cost was going to be an additional $25.00 a day which I don't have to have, and I'm a gold member with Starwood. I wouldn't call that great at all.

Room Tip: Check your room rates each week because they do change quite frequently. Let them know if you can g...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Denise L, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the public. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and for also writing this great review. Thank you and we hope you have reached your destination safely.

Denise Luna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We enjoyed this hotel very much. We paid an extra $25 a day for access to the business/club lounge, and it was absolutely worth it. It included breakfast, evening appetizers, and round the clock sodas, water, coffee, and hot chocolate. There is also a large TV and plenty of seating. We made liberal use of all of the above. The kids also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The fitness center is well equipped and above average. The restaurant at the hotel is very convenient, although we had mixed results with the menu. It was certainly nice on a few occasions not having to go out in the snow searching for food. The rooms were not huge, but we visited Brooklyn for a vacation, not to hang out in a room. One note, the electrical outlets in the room were strangely wide, and it wasn't easy to charge our phones in a few of them. No other complaints about the room, the bathroom/shower/beds/TV, etc. were all fine. Not luxury, but completely acceptable. The location is terrific, and it's just a short walk to a number of subway stops. We had a room on one of the top few floors with a terrific view. The staff were almost uniformly polite and helpful (one morning the breakfast lady was in a baaaad mood), and assisted us whenever we had questions. Not much to say bad. We didn't like that Internet access was not free (so we didn't use it), and we felt 9am was too early to stop breakfast, especially for families with kids up late the night before. Some mornings you had to get there before 8:30 to make sure there was enough food left. Looking at some of the negative reviews, I can't help but ask what some of these people expected. If you're a prima donna, spend more money and look elsewhere. For a good hotel with good value, this is the place for you. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, and will stay there again the next time I am in Brooklyn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SDK400
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I was here the night before a trial. The bellman and valet parker were prompt and helpful. The desk staff was efficient and pleasant. The room was clean and serviceable. A little small. A little light on desk space. It was quiet and the internet worked well. A quick walk to Court. Not a boutique spot. Kinda generic. But perfect for getting work done and then getting a good nights sleep.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Leonardo F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a beautiful, relaxing and stress-free time during your recent stay. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Atlanta
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton Brooklyn for over a year now, week to week. I enjoy staying here because of the amazing customer service I receive. Specifically, the Club Lounge Manager, Wanda, exceeds my expectations every day. I refer to Wanda as "Mama" because she always makes sure I have everything I need to get my day off to a great start. She is incredible! I don't know how she deals with all of us demanding business travelers, but she does it every day with such a caring attitude.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side of the hotel on a high floor (17 or higher) (e.g., 1701, 1703, 1705) have a vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you are very loyal and have an awesome time during your visits. We strive for our associates to exceed our guests' expectations and I am so happy that Wanda manages to do that for you at all times. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came here with my fiancé for an extended weekend and I don't even know where to begin. The room had a noise in it coming from the heater that did not go away even when we shut it off. The staff was extremely rude. When we called in for room service they would barely let you finish your sentence and they would never bring enough silverware for two! They did not bring salt and pepper and when I called to ask them to bring it up they hung up on my face without giving me a chance to explain that they forgot to give us spoons for our soup either. The power outlets are too big to fit normal US electronic devices in them. In order to charge my iPhone and Macbook Pro I had to prop up books underneath and manage a juggling act so that the chargers would not fall out as the outlets are way too big. The internet was extremely slow and it was extremely hard for me to take care of my business needs. The business / club lounge is a joke. The coffee was cold and I had to call down to the front desk to have them bring milk or creamer for it as there was none in the fridge. They had just one type of granola bar (some off brand) and no other refreshments / snack. They put out quesadillas in the evening with some guacamole and chips which was enough to feed 10 people max and that was it. I have stayed at many SPG properties but this makes me rethink my future stays at all Sheratons.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeoraNYC
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel during my weekly business visits for the last 2 years. The hotel has consistently met my expectations as a business traveller, however, the overall service and especially the club lounge manager Wanda has exceeded my expectations. Wanda makes a point to make sure all her guests are made to comfortable and goes out of her way to help any way she can.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at this Sheraton two times (four nights) in the past few months. Both stays have been less than expected. I usually book the two budget hotels on this same street (Aloft and Hotel Indigo) but they were full on the nights I needed to visit NYC.

Sheraton Brooklyn advertises (on multiple sites) that they have free Wifi but then charge for its use. When both of the budget hotels can provide free, high-quality Wifi, I find it odd that the Sheraton cannot even though they advertise it. When I mentioned to the front desk that their website and the site I booked on said "Free Internet," I was literally laughed at and the front desk agent said "No, Sir, can you not afford the fee?" I could afford the fee and it would have even been reimbursed by my employed but I make a note to not pay for Wifi fees unless absolutely necessary. Instead, I went to the restaurant across the street and the Aloft bar and they let me use their Wifi for free.

The rooms were fine and as expected for Brooklyn. They are a bit smaller than the standard Sheraton rooms.

During one stay, I never received any room cleaning service. When I mentioned this, I was told that I had requested to not have service, this was not accurate.

My biggest issue is that I made multiple attempts to reach out to this hotel but received no response about my bad experiences. I am willing to believe that I just had two bad experiences and this hotel is usually great. However, I would have liked a response from the hotel's administration to inform me of that and try to make it right. I did not even receive a quick e-mail response. I would not stay here again - go to Aloft (another SPG property) or Hotel Indigo which are both within 100 feet of this hotel on Duffield Street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business