“Good Value”

Perth, Australia
“Good Value”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed: December 2012.

Pros:
- Clean.
- Shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser provided.
- Juniors down the road, fantastic cheesecake.
- Laundromat close by.
- Comfortable king bed.
- Safety box provided.
- Hairdryer provided.
- Starbucks coffee facilities provided.

Cons:
- None!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a fantastic time during your recent stay. We look forward seeing you very soon. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Sheraton Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

On my previous visits to NYC, I stayed in Manhattan. Friends chose this hotel for our recent visit and I was really happy with it. They have stayed here several times and their recommendation was accurate. Front desk staff are very helpful. Plus, they seem interested in you. Ditto for the people at the Starbucks in the hotel lobby. Our room was an average size but beds were comfortable. I liked the comforter system instead of blankets. The location was perfect - close to subway, shopping and walking distance to DUMBO and the Brooklyn Bridge. We had drinks and snacks at the bar in the hotel. That was pleasant with good service and sports on the TV. Not very crowded. I didn't use the workout facility or the pool but they seemed adequate. We opted for access to the club level with complimentary breakfast and evening snacks. Although we only ate there one evening, the offerings were impressive and tasty. Breakfast was good with all the regular choices for hot or cold selections. My only negative comment is the club room was pretty crowded in the morning when we were there. So, it was noisy. If that is a problem for you, go early. And, the only other negative is that the lobby area is kind of small. However, we didn't hang around the lobby enough to make a difference. For the price and location, I would come here again.

Green Features: You have the option of skipping housekeeping service which presumably cuts down on laundry and cleaning products. If you do this, be sure to tell the front desk. I just put the card on my door but that wasn't enough to get the free benefit offered.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greenie2480
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We appreciate you staying here with us and hope to see you very soon. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Everywhere
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First let me start off by saying this hotel has one of the best groups of staff that I have experienced. The bellmen (Frederick, Chris and Caesar) are absolutely amazing! On my first trip I had a lot of luggage and Frederick helped me carry my luggage over a block to catch a cab at the main street. Talk about great service! Wanda in the lounge was always a pleasure in the morning and can brighten your day. And the front desk staff (any of the women and Sherwin) are who I would talk to if you need more help than just checking in/checking out. The gym was great. A little small but if you go on off-hours then you'll have no problem. Never had any trouble with the internet. The rooms were always clean at check-in and the beds were extremely comfortable.

Constructive Criticism:
Breakfast was usually unorganized. For a few weeks there was always something missing(either water, more cups, the coffee machine wasn't working properly). When you call, don't ever let them put you on hold. It's better to just hang up and call back. And don't ever be in a rush if you have to take an elevator because they are extremely slow.

The car service here is a bit sketchy. I was told to get to Newark it was $88 flat rate and I even asked if they took credit cards and they said yes. When I got to the car, they asked how much I was told and I said $88 and they said $88 plus tolls. Thankfully I told them that's not what I agreed to. So instead they tell me there will be a 10% credit card fee. (which I wouldn't have minded if the front desk told me about this when I specifically asked if they took credit cards). And then on another trip after I already knew they accepted credit cards I took the car to the airport and only when I got there did the driver mention he's not able to accept credit cards. Thankfully I had enough cash to cover the trip but not enough for a generous tip and the driver mentioned that I can go inside and use an ATM at the airport. I respectfully told him that I wasn't going to pay ATM fees just because he neglected to tell me he couldn't accept credit when they always have in the past. So if you can walk over a street to catch a cab then I would recommend that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a wonderful and enjoyable visit during your recent stay. However, we are extremely regretful to hear of the mishaps you encountered. We have addressed your concerns with the proper departments. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to reach out to Patricia Caruso the Assistant General Manager at patricia.caruso@sheratonbrooklynnewyork.com. Please know this is not the typical service of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us.
Best wishes and safe travels.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This review is long overdue. I stayed at the Brooklyn Sheraton for a month ladies and gents. I was displaced from my home so it was my kitty and me.
* Stayed in one of the smaller rooms at first, but switched to a suite. The suite made things easier to move around. Beds were great! Good water pressure for the shower! My suite was on the 3rd floor so no view.
* Slow internet service, dropped calls or no service depending on what provider you have. If you are here on business that can be a problem. It was for me a few times when I needed to work.
* No fridge! Gotta pay!
* Bring a book when waiting on the elevator. It takes a while folks!
* Car service is too expense. Should you need a taxi folks call Myrtle Car Service. Not a long wait for them to arrive! 5 -7 minutes max!

A WORD ABOUT THE AREA. Having been born and raised in Brooklyn left and came back, I can give you the most honest critique.
* There is construction going on but not on the weekends. If you have to get up in the morning it should not be an issue. I was able to have a conference call with the construction going on without a problem. Yes, the construction makes the area appear unattractive but that doesn’t mean it’s not safe. What are you expecting Beverly Hills? Manhattan, then go there!

* Speaking of safety. The area is safe. Brooklyn has changed dramatically. And that area has always been one of the safer parts of Brooklyn. Use your common sense. If you are out walking the street 3, 4 in the morning by yourself you are asking for trouble no matter what part of the world you live in!

* You are close to every major train station that can take you to Manhattan in minutes! Plenty of places to shop right around the corner.

* Should you want to eat venture out to Brooklyn Heights which is not far. Take the train to Fort Greene or Clinton Hill or Prospect Park. ALL NOT FAR AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY TRAIN!

* The All-Star Staff for me was Nicholas, Sherman, the bellman who helped me transport my cat from one room to another, Vanessa, the Head of Housekeeping and his staff. If I forgot someone sorry. I happened to witness one of the front desk supervisors give one of the new workers a lot, a lot of attitude... That’s not something you do that guests could be able to witness. And he was new, cut him some slack.

* GET A CONCIERGE! Even if it’s part time. I can’t tell you how many times I happened to be in the lobby and got approached about where to go. It’s not expected that all your staff will be from Brooklyn but they should be able to rattle off a few good places. Brooklyn has come along way Represent!

It wasn’t the perfect stay, but for the most part it felt like a good alternative to being away from home. I know folks want to venture out to Manhattan but Brooklyn has some great places to see as well.

Room Tip: Dont ask for a room facing the construction.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank snarkytraveler
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had never stayed at this hotel before but, it was well situated to where my Son lives in Brooklyn. From the hospitality extended when we arrived to our entire stay, everything was just perfect. I am very comfortable recommending this hotel to others. For families, there is a clean, well maintained pool but, no life guard.On the down side, it's not the best neighborhood in Brooklyn.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer a view of the southern tip of Manhattan, the harbor and the narrows.
Green Features: I did not take notice of this We stayed only 1 night, 5/26/14
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a perfect stay. We look forward to seeing you soon. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights post cruise as a friend of ours lives in Brooklyn and we wanted to be close.

Reception area was disappointing very small and not at all Sheraton like! The room we had was a fab size plenty of room with 2 large beds which are the most comfortable I have slept in. The bathroom was decorated in modern tones and had a lovely shower.

The room was great but the sheets on the bed had clearly not been pressed and there was what looked like burn holes in the curtains (photos attached). We was also placed in a room that overlooked a massive construction site and at 8.00am we could hear the machinery going from our 13th floor room.

The halls by the lifts are also far too hot I nearly passed out waiting for the lift for ten minutes, it was unbearable.

I would stay here again simply for the location as it is cheaper than staying in Manhattan and it does not take long at all by train to travel in to the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GFOSTFOS
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

PROS: The hotel is located in Brooklyn with a perfect connection to the subway (3 minutes of walk to 4 lines, 8 minutes ride to Wall Street). The room and bathroom were clean, staff was helpful and very friendly. Complimentary coffee tea and mineral water in the room.
CONS: breakfast is very limited. For one night it's ok but if you're staying longer better go and find a bakery. Coffee machine did not work. Internet was very slow and not reliable. Only avaliable in the lobby and the lounge. Starbucks and even the subway stations are much better. Elevators were extremely slow we waited literally 5 minutes to get one. Then decided to walk the stairs from 16th floor. Also there was a fire the other night on the 10th floor but firefighters did a fast and good job.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple